We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Director's Cut new releases. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Yes very excited to see a stage version...
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
IDOMAGIC2
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of IDOMAGIC2
Working for Alakazam I am lucky enough to have the horror edition (no there are no more available currently)and have mixed it with the original set to make my own unique version. If you already own Directors cut,and have been performing with it the Horror version will give you even more possabilities. As well as additional cards (see Simons list)it will also ship with new routines and ideas.
The Horror version will not replace the original version and if like me you want to create your own unique set, get directors cut start using it and add the horror version which will be available for pre order very soon.
Regards Mark
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I love the origanal directors cut and use it all the time.I can't wait till these two versions come out(horror and stage)Thats a great idea as well,mixing the two togethor.i'm exited for this one
Thanks
Darren
Twitter @darjames
MikeOB
View Profile
Loyal user
Doylestown, PA
213 Posts

Profile of MikeOB
Is there any new news on when both DC II and DC III will be available? I have Directors Cut and it is my favorite effect to use.
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
I believe you can pre-order them thru http://www.alakazam.co.uk or http://www.alakazam-usa.com
Twitter @darjames
Bananafish
View Profile
Elite user
Simon Shaw, Suffolk, England
416 Posts

Profile of Bananafish
Here's a question for everyone. What size cards do you want for stage work?

I am currently using a prototype set I made for myself which is 6x4. The reason being I still need to manage the cards, and anything much larger gets a bit cumbersome. (plus they were easy or me to laminate at that size).

I also have 4 of them laminated at A4 size, which I use for a stage version of the Monster ELite effect (that is in the Horror version manuscript)

So bearing in mind that Alakazam are keen to produce a stage size version - what size would everyone like?
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of VIEW
A5
Wolfmindreader
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Wolfmindreader
Indeed, A5 would be a nice size for a stage version of this effect, I think!!
DeeChristopherMagic
View Profile
Special user
637 Posts

Profile of DeeChristopherMagic
I think the 6x4 idea is a good one, That's about postcard size, right?

It's not uncommon to have movie posters as postcards - I've got an Argento signed Tenebrae one sat opposite me infact!

It gives a bit more realism to the props, rather than looking like a magic prop, there's a familiarity there as the audience is bound to have seen similar in the past.

Can't wait for DCII and I think Nardi needs to host a film night!!!

D.
Producer // PenguinMagic.com

My new book :: Astral Psychometry. Modern Mystical Mentalism.
Magic Cafe members get 20% off - Use code MAGICCAFE at checkout!

https://deechristopher.rocks/collections/dee-christopher-products/products/astral-psychometry
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I vote for postcard size, as well.

Just received Director's Cut 2 - Horror Edition. The cards are beautiful. As a horror movie buff, this is right down my alley.

I made up my own deck using a few of the horror movies from the original deck and discarded a couple of new titles I'm not very fond of ("Jeepers Creepers", "Killer Klowns..." and "Interview with a Vampire"). That's the beauty of this - you can customize your deck any way you want if you have both sets.

Simon and Peter did a great job on this. This is something I will definitely use!

Robert
Torkova
View Profile
Regular user
Astoria, NY
193 Posts

Profile of Torkova
I would love a 4x6 postcard size set of the original version of classic movies. Was putting off buying it for that reason of not wanting it to look like a card trick.
MikeOB
View Profile
Loyal user
Doylestown, PA
213 Posts

Profile of MikeOB
I just received Directors Cut II today and I just finished going through the DVD. This is one of my favorite effects. I ordered it through Alakazam and Mike Rappa called me back to let me know when they had it in. I was really very anxious to get this. Mike is a very patient guy lol. I am very happy with Alakazams customer service.

I have the original Directors Cut and you can combine both sets as Robert had posted. I still have to go through the additonal routines that is included which I will do tonight. I know I am going to be up all night. I am sure once more people get this we are going to be hearing some great routines, combining both sets and using the horror set especially during halloween. Overall this is going to be a blast to perform.

Mike
ragingcalm
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of ragingcalm
What's happened to DCIII?
A.J.
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan
315 Posts

Profile of A.J.
Directors Cut II cards are great...they have a bolder, darker title bar on the bottom edge of the card. Very easy to read. It gives the spectator an added data point for the poster he/she is looking at.

Directors Cut I cards have a title bar but not as bold/dark of print...so not quite as easy to read. Not a problem though...the cards are still quite clear and readable.

A brilliant effect.

A.J.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2742 Posts

Profile of lunatik
I haven't picked up part 2, but I read somewhere other ideas for this effect. I'd like to see a version of directors cut that had old and new action movies, horror, comedy, western, sci-fi, etc. In other words, just a great all around mixture. I'm sure if there's a directors cut 3 that one could take some from each of the 3 releases and would be able to make a custom set.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
MikeOB
View Profile
Loyal user
Doylestown, PA
213 Posts

Profile of MikeOB
I have both sets and it is one of my favorite effects, I like the fact that you could mix both sets. Mixing a third set would be awesome. I think with Directors Cut III they are waiting to see how well Directors Cut II did in sales. I really hope they do a DC III. Simon may have said it is suppossed to be a Tossed Out version.

Mike
Moonlightshadow
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Moonlightshadow
Quote:
On 2009-03-02 15:54, Ian Rowland wrote:
This is good news, Mark, thanks for the announcement.

I think Simon Shaw's Director's Cut is one of the best recent releases in mentalism. I raved about it in the Magic Circular a while ago, and I will be raving about the new editions in my next column. So simple (in an ingenious way), so versatile, so easy to use and yet (in the right hands) so full of impact and entertainment value. The idea of doing a TOD version is just wonderful.

Hello, mr. Rowland...

It's nice to hear that you rave about this product,but I do wonder if you could rave (read : review) a bit more in here ? I would love to read a full review from you.
Unless it was a private rave, of course.

Greetings,
SeanTaylor
View Profile
New user
Australia
54 Posts

Profile of SeanTaylor
Long before this superb item was released, I built a deck of movie posters from collectable postcards. I have 50 of them and a sequence of effects similar to those in the Chuck Hickok books only not using US States (which is of no interest to people in Australia). I have a 3 part sequence which plays really well.

I have used an alphabetic stack and can vary the missing posters every night so the memory sequence looks really clean and very plausible. Even in trade shows, the effect can vary with each performance yet it looks like instant photographic memory.

Sean Taylor
Gregory57
View Profile
Loyal user
243 Posts

Profile of Gregory57
Any updates on the stage or TOD version?
Cliff Gregory Wollin
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I got this for Christmas & I absolutely love it!

I memorized the dates of all the films, if the person who selected the film has not seen it, I ask them to concentrate on the poster, name & date.

I like doing it this way as I can add another hit, I also like the fact that I can tell them if it's the original or a remake their thinking of.

There is so much potential with this, I stayed up until the early hours of the 26th playing with this.

Nothing but great reactions from this!

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Director's Cut new releases. (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL