We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Director's Cut new releases. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1312 Posts

Profile of bond19
It one of my most performed closer and never fails to get a fantastic reaction. Like the idea of incorporating the film dates!

Thanks Mike
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Your welcome!

Mike
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
I'm having the same problem as many, not being able to access the 2 PDF files. Would someone be so kind to email them to me. Whatever you need as proof of purchase, just let me know. I've emailed Alakazam but have no response as yet.

Thanks
Sean
espresto
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of espresto
I have also been racking my brain on how to open those PDF files. I also will give proof of purchase. Any help will be appreciated.
Many thanks!

Greg
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Thanks very much for the kind pm's with offers to help. I have managed to access the files using a different computer. If anyone else has the same problem I'd be happy to help out.

kind regards
Sean
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3899 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
So whatever became of the TOD version of DC? Does anyone know?

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
What is the TOD version?
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
3899 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
It is a Tossed Out Deck...built around movie themes -- which I think would be a capital idea!

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.magicpendulums.com
Mark Elsdon
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of Mark Elsdon
I was just speaking to Nardi about it a week or two ago.

I think it might be on the agenda for this summer...

Cheers,

ME
Check out The View From Here:
http://elsdon.blogspot.com/
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
3899 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
It would be a great twist on a classic. I think it's a great concept...as long as the movies can be easily seen.

David

www.magicpendulums.com
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I particularly liked the horror version since I collect horror and SF movies - mostly 50s and 60s movies like "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (orig.), "Invasion of the Body Snatchers", etc., etc. I appreciate the fact that Peter took a chance on this. Not sure how well it sold, but I love it.

A postcard size edition would be nice.

Robert
mystic1
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of mystic1
Was a DC III ever released? (TOD version)
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9976 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I too am anxiously awaiting the TOD version of these (hopefully larger stage sized). Not being a fan of horror or sci-fi, I like to see a blockbuster version using the biggest hit movies - (as mentioned) Titanic, E.T., Forrest Gump, Grease, Saturday Night Fever, The Graduate, Avatar, Jurasic Park, Dirty Dancing, Sound of Music, Batman, American Pie, Animal House, Jaws, Star Wars, Pretty Woman, Speed, Risky Business, Blazing Saddles, Naked Gun, Wizard Of Oz, West Side Story, Rebel Without A Cause, Top Gun, The Baywatch Movie (just kidding), etc.

I could also see one with hit T.V. shows. Lot of possibilities to spice up TOD.
JBCloseUpMagic
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of JBCloseUpMagic
Hey Everyone!!

This is my first actual post, so I wanted to make it a good one. I saw on some of the forums about Director's Cut that people were discussing ways to carry around the cards. I came up with this idea because the card case the trick comes with just wasn't cutting it and didn't look professional enough for me, even though Im just a hobby. This is what I came up with...

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee50......ront.jpg

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee50......ened.jpg

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee50......Back.jpg

All I did was get a hinged baseball card holder, Scanned the front and back of a Blockbuster DVD case, Resized it to fit the front and back of the baseball card holder, then used double stick tape to attach everything.

I think it goes really well if anyone uses the patter about loving movies and carrying their DVD collection around with them everywhere. Also after you get the cards back from the spectator after they select their movie, putting the cards back into the case helps do the "secret move" without anyone thinking twice about it since you're just putting the cards back.

If anyone wants to use my idea feel free. Id feel honored if professional magicians thought it was good enough to use.

JBCloseUpMagic
asanghi
View Profile
Loyal user
Nairobi, Kenya
283 Posts

Profile of asanghi
Great idea JB (and great first post by the way). A seed of a thought...since Blockbuster is now defunct, one can probably think of some patter related to how before your local Blockbuster store went out of business, they gave you a copy of all your favorite movies you rented from them as a parting gift for having been such a good customer etc.

Cheers, Apurva
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1909 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Simon will be chuffed I am sure..very cool idea and adds credbility...
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
That's very nice!
"One should always be a little improbable." - Oscar Wilde
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Elegantly looking, JB! That's style....!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
JBCloseUpMagic
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of JBCloseUpMagic
Thanks everyone!! Im glad people actually like my idea! Smile
Mark Powell
View Profile
Special user
UK
504 Posts

Profile of Mark Powell
Quote:
...since Blockbuster is now defunct, one can probably think of some patter related to how before your local Blockbuster store went out of business

Blockbuster is still alive and well in the UK... for now! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Director's Cut new releases. (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL