The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Longhi Book Test by Olivier Longhi (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
Hey there Café',
Just got this in. It is very nice and well done with many options. Buy it from your favorite Magic Retailer!

Here is the ad copy.
Longhi Book
by Olivier Longhi

This is not just another book test. Lots of effects can be performed with just this book alone.

Each book is hand made with over two hours of labor was carefully put into each and every one of these. Made of high quality material, this book is designed to last.

4 effects are fully described, but the instructions explain another 15 more effects or ideas that can be added. If you are familiar with book tests, you'll understand how powerful this one is, and the potential the principle hides. Here are some of those effects :

1st Effect :

The spectator rolls a couple of dices on the table, add the faces to obtain a number. Then, he opens a book, freely anywhere he wants, et memorizes the sentence on the row that matches his number. The magician focuses a few seconds, and start writing on his board. The spectator reads the sentence out loud, and as the magician shows his board, you will realize that it's a match.

2nd Effect :

The spectator opens the book wherever he wants, and chooses a row number. He is asked to remember the first word of the row, it does not matter if this is the right or the left page. Once he tells which row number it is, the magician is able to reveal instantly what word is chosen, and it is up to him to make it as magical as possible...

3rd Effect :

The magician explains that each one of us have different feelings about books, movies, paintings. However, some objects can also be attracted by some persons, and have the ability to recognize them. In order to prove it, the magician asks for a spectator to come on stage. He shows a few books, and the spectator pick one, open it anywhere and name the page number. The magician takes the book, and read a chapter in the page. The chapter is about a woman that fit the description of the spectator. As he keeps reading, there's a description of the character of the persons that also match the spectator on stage. How coincidental ?

4th Effect :

The magician explains that this book is extremely valuable to him, as it was offered by his mentor that passed away a few years ago. He realizes that the book itself has some kind of powers. That book can have some visions. He asks a spectator to pick a card, and keep it safe somewhere without looking at it. Now, the spectator opens the book anywhere, and read the last sentence of the page. As the spectator reads the book, the name of a playing card is revealed. The spectator retrieves the hidden playing card, and it is the same…

- Hardbound
davidpeters
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of davidpeters
Update with more info.
Comes with Hardbound Edition of The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes Book by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Photo Illustrated Instructions.

comes with an aditional 17 routine ideas. I think you will like this one.
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1945 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Quote:

Here is the ad copy.
Longhi Book
by Olivier Longhi

This is not just another book test.
[...]

Really? Funny... I seem to read that every time a new book test is released... Smile
I guess there just are plenty of "not another book tests"... Smile
Ben
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1945 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
I like the idea of a Sherlock Holmes book test though! So I guess it really is not "another book test"... Smile
Ben
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2664 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On 2009-02-18 07:44, goldeneye007 wrote:
I like the idea of a Sherlock Holmes book test though! So I guess it really is not "another book test".... Smile

Well, there have already been book tests using Sherlock Holmes books.

s
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1945 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Yes, true indeed...
Ben
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
The infamously titled Sherlock Holmes Inductive Test- (yes S.H.I.T. for short) from Black's is a really nice test that is designed for use in a multi-book test routine- so for owners of that adding in this new book as an option or phase would be problematic, as you'd have two copies of the same book..
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Longhi Book Test by Olivier Longhi (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL