The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Marvin Gaye, Gladys Knight and the Pips, CCR, or Paul Weller and Amy Winehouse (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
remf3
View Profile
New user
Novato, California
67 Posts

Profile of remf3
Quote:
On 2009-02-19 16:42, MagicSanta wrote:
Are drug addicts that popular?

Ray Charles, Eric Clapton, The Beatles, Kurt Cobain, Anthony Kiedis, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Billie Holliday, Janis Joplin, Bob Marley, The Rolling Stones and of course Elvis. Of course, for a couple of these it was just marijuana.

Examples taken from the list here: http://www.erowid.org/culture/characters......se.shtml

It's doubtful that's an all inclusive list.

And to answer the thread, I love the CCR version. And just about anything else CCR has put out.
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On 2009-02-20 11:08, agent61 wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-02-19 16:42, MagicSanta wrote:
Chrystal, please explain the draw this Winehouse has. Are drug addicts that popular?

Although I'm not a fan, Winehouse has an incredibly powerful, soulful singing voice well beyond her years (the clip posted above does not do her vocal talents justice).
This clip is a better example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7wh1sBoWa0&feature=related

Part of it is she's actually talented (squandering it all away) and the other part is we love our trainwrecks...

She is infested with critters...right?
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Marvin Gaye, Gladys Knight and the Pips, CCR, or Paul Weller and Amy Winehouse (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL