The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Sorcerer's Stone (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
http://www.mjmmagic.com/store/sorcerers-......269.html

Has anyone used performed this effect? How is it?

Thanks.
-Matt
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Looks interesting.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
This routine is also on one of Colombini Wilds $10 DVDs. It's not what I would call an amazing routine.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
723sabre
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of 723sabre
Came across this while on the hunt for another topic. This is not a bad little routine for casual or impromptu. It can be done with coins (you'd need 5 different types), different colored chips, random pencils/pens/higlighters, cards (they shuffle, deal, you never looks at them, etc.) Nothing that will knock your socks off, but a nice effect that's very easy to remember and do at anytime with whatever is on hand. I think it's one that will catch folks off guard outside of a proper magic show/presentation.
BTW, the DVD it's on "Take Two" has this, as well as Control Coins, Diagonally, and Ring Twice. All easy, can be done anytime with cards and coins. (Well, Ring Twice not so unless you carry around a piece of rope and two rings!). Control Coins is one I've started to do just about anytime I can with folks whenever I get the "Do a trick!" calls...simple, direct, no fuss, people seem to like it.
The DVD has on it effects that remind me of some of the things you'd find in Jim Diamond's "Bamboozlers" books- simple, catch folks off guard, impromptu. Two good card packet tricks on it as well. For $10 bucks it's worth it, nice for those new to magic as well. Shows what you can do without having to spend hundreds of dollars for fancy effects.
That's my take at least!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
It's on the Wild About Harry disk from Colombini Magic. I'd say it's not a strong trick but also on the same disk is a fun and easy book test "Baffling Book" that is worth the price of the tape ($10.).

By the way the Colombinis have a really fun lecture if you have a chance to see them.

- Mary Mowder
723sabre
View Profile
Loyal user
260 Posts

Profile of 723sabre
Just another take on Sorcerer's Stone. I tought about this a little bit before showing it last night and tried it with narrowing the stones down to 2, then having the spectator pick up the left stone in the left hand, right in right. I told them to hold them very tight and focus on one or the other, their choice. Then I came back in the room, asking them to still hold the stones in their hands so I could not see them in any way. Then I paused a bit, asked them to open their right hand. I looked a bit at the stone, then said "set it down, it's not your chosen stone. Now open your left hand...THAT'S your stone."
Somehow it took this simple little routine and built it up a bit more. Kinda distracted them from the more mechanical phase of "move this stone, remove this stone".
The whole thing went over much bigger than I figured it would. Turned out to be a lot of fun with 5 stones. I passed of the whole part about having them focus on a stone as an effort to have the magical stones help me determine which stone was really the chosen one..."The stones give off signals", a slight bit of living room "mentalism".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Sorcerer's Stone (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL