The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Pyle Pro PWMA600 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tate
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
211 Posts

Profile of Tate
I've read most of the posts about PA systems here, great info. But most of the posts about Pyle talk about the PWMA120 - the one with the built-in tape player. There is another by Pyle I'm curious about. Has anyone any experience with the PWMA600? It claims 100 watts, I figure that means it has maybe 25 or so. The price on the Pyle website is over $300, it's on Amazon for about half that.

Here's their website. http://www.pyleaudio.com/itemdetail.asp?model=PWMA600
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1801 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Tate,

Tom Vorjohan used to have a PWMA600 and I used to have a PWMA3600. The units were nice but they had a few issues. First, volume was a little tricky. They were powerful but it was hard to fine tune the volume at lower levels. It went from too soft to too loud with the slightest turn of the the volume knob. I ended up using the volume control on the mini disc player I used to get the volume correct. (Fortunately, my wireless microphone needed more volume so it worked pretty well with it.)

Next, the units just were flakey! Tom used his as long as he could but it just died after a year. I had issues with batteries not holding a charge. Customer service was not very good. They didn't have parts for them in the U.S. since they were made in China. I sent mine in because of problems and they sent me a replacement unit. (I had a woodgrain one and they sent me back black one because that's all they had.) After replacing several of the Sealed Lead Acid batteries in the unit (they sent me more than one,) I finally got to where I didn't trust it so I sold mine.

The microphone sounded good but felt really cheap in construction.

The unit Tom had was surprisingly powerful for that size. I would say the wattage is greater than 25. Most likely, it was about 50 watts. The PMWA3600 I had was even more powerful.

I wish I could recommend it but, unless they really improved the reliability of them (and it has been 5+ years since I sold mine,) I don't trust them. It's too bad because they were nice for what they were. The only other thing to keep in mind is that they are heavy. Between the SLA battery and the particle board construction, these units are surprisingly heavy.

For $150, it might be worth giving it a try. You might want to see if anyone has had a better experience with theirs.

I just checked the Amazon reviews and it seems several people were saying that it doesn't get as loud as they hoped so Pyle may have changed the amplifier in it so it's not as powerful as it used to be. The reviews for the unit I have are really bad (reflecting the lack of quality control I found):
http://www.amazon.com/Pyle-PWM-A3600-200......&sr=1-11

Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Pyle Pro PWMA600 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL