The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Ed Alonzo & Britney Spears (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Lothar
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Lothar
Wait wait wait...

Is Britney actually going to be performing magic, OR is she going to have magic effects in her show (she floats above the crowd, disappears and re-appears somewhere else, etc.)

Magicians tour with pop stars many times.

Harry Blackstone toured with the New Kids on the Block . (They levitated above the crowd. I'm not sure what Harry did on tour.)

Franz Harary toured with Michael Jackson, but he was providing special effects, not teaching Michael how to perform magic.

It sounds like Ed may be providing special effects support, not teaching Britney how to pull a rabbit out of a hat.
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Excellent post Peter.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2009-02-23 00:48, Peter Pitchford wrote:
If one considers drug addiction, alcoholism, child neglect, complete narcissism, lack of self-control, and an inability to rationalize success, then she is wonderfully successful.

Gee...I must assume that you have walked far more than a mile in her stilettos to capsulize her life with such authority.
mrmagician
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of mrmagician
I am glad she is going on tour again, so she can afford to buy herself some panties. True, role models have changed over the years. Wait a minute, Brittany may be in good company: Mae West, Marilyn Monroe, Janis Joplin, Pamela Anderson, Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Angelina Joline, Beyonce, and OctoMOM. Times Change, Behaviors usually don't. Good Luck Ed Alonzo.
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Quote:
On 2009-02-23 19:45, Lothar wrote:
Wait wait wait...

Is Britney actually going to be performing magic, OR is she going to have magic effects in her show (she floats above the crowd, disappears and re-appears somewhere else, etc.)

Magicians tour with pop stars many times.

Harry Blackstone toured with the New Kids on the Block . (They levitated above the crowd. I'm not sure what Harry did on tour.)

Franz Harary toured with Michael Jackson, but he was providing special effects, not teaching Michael how to perform magic.

It sounds like Ed may be providing special effects support, not teaching Britney how to pull a rabbit out of a hat.

Britney will be an active participant in several illusions being performed on stage during the concert. Ed is on the tour with her and will be on stage performing with her.

Again.. if nothing else, people will be talking about and seeing magic that otherwise would not.

I keep hearing about how there is a need for young blood in the craft, in the clubs and at the Castle. Maybe some few of those that see it will actually invest some time and energy in becoming magicians that may otherwise have ignored it as too "old fashioned."
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
And Dodd, did I hear that the Pussycat Dolls will also be a part of this tour, and that they have been steadily adding more magic and illusion as well?

Guys, this is magic's next big thing. I know you think I am crazy, but I've been right about this kind of stuff in the past...
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Here is a link to a sneak peek video. I have never been a fan of Britney Spears, but looking at this video I may have to catch this on tour...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac......53367787
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
Lothar
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Lothar
A lot of her tour is posted on YouTube- by her tour people. She gets zig zagged by Ed Alonzo, BUT the cabinet has a muscle guy figure in a speedo painted on the front. I don't think it's Melinda's cabinet, but it looks great. She is terrible as an assistant (she doesn't fill the face hole at all during the blade part), but this was her first show.

I'm wondering if the guy figure on the cabinet means she'll be zig zagging one of her guy dancers in future shows.

Anybody know?
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

These are clips of rehearsals...
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Again someone tell me why it is a good thing where some performer who is not in our medium tries to do magic?

Is the idea just "good" that people "see magic"? As if somehow they will forget it exists? Why is it a "good" thing to show people that it takes almost no time to learn these things?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
238 Posts

Profile of ns
I normally agree that non magicians shouldn't be doing magic. But in this case I think it's different. from what I saw, Ed Alonzo is using Britney as his assistant. So he's the magician and can do cool stuff with Britney. In this case I think it's moe than OK. Perhaps I'm seeing this wrong
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Ed's doing the magic as an accent to Britney's act. Britney's only an assistant. I hate to keep repeating myself, but we've posted all this at MagicNewswire.com
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Have a look on YouTube - there's clips from the show already online.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2009-02-20 12:32, magicnewswire wrote:
Well.... I've been biting my tongue on this one waiting for approval from Ed to mention it and it's now hit the mainstream press. Ed Alonzo is working with Britney Spears on her new tour to be called "Circus." Britney will be performing illusions in addition to singing and dancing during the tour which begins on March 3rd. More details and an upcoming short interview with Ed can be found HERE

Well maybe THIS was the problem. "Britney will be performing illusions in addition to singing and dancing".

This seems to be where I got my idea that "Britney will be performing illusions" and this was what spurred me to make you "repeat yourself" and have to answer a question about why it is good to have people just learn magic in a few months doing it for lots of people.

Perhaps I would not have made you repeat yourself, had you actually written what was going on in your first post?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
238 Posts

Profile of ns
Ya, I was a bit confused too. I don't go to that Magic News Wire site. But I like youtube, so that's where my info came from.

I'm gonna see the Britney show next week. Am looking foreword to the magic, and the Pussycat Dolls as well...
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Well that was your first mistake - always make http://www.magicnewswire.com first for all your magic news!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
magicnewswire
View Profile
Inner circle
1947 Posts

Profile of magicnewswire
Quote:
Perhaps I would not have made you repeat yourself, had you actually written what was going on in your first post?

Sorry to have been vague... Always happy to repeat myself though...

Thanks for your patience.
Dodd Vickers

Host/Producer/Editor

The Magic Newswire

Twitter

iTunes Link
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Ed Alonzo & Britney Spears (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL