The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Stupid Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
Hey guys-

I am horribly mathematically challenged to the point where I can't even work a calculator, apparently.

I have entered a number in memory, and I can't get it out. I want the "M" on the display gone.

Help?

Thanks, JD
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
There is a function button which clears the memory. I don't have a calc. in front of me but it might be a button like MC to clear the memory.
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
Thanks Larry,that's what I figured, but this calc only has an "M plus" and an "MR" button. Still can't figure it out.
WilburrUK
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of WilburrUK
If it's got a shift button, try shift then m+ or maybe shift then MR, also sometimes just enter 0 then m+ or occasionally shift and the AC (cancel) button. If all that fails, try the old IT solutions "turn it off then back on again".
Pit Boss
View Profile
Special user
554 Posts

Profile of Pit Boss
Figured it out, but don't know how.

Thanks everyone. JD
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Generally such a calculator treats a zero in memory as equivalent to the memory being cleared. If so, simply hit MR (recalling what's in the memory), +/- (to change the sign from + to - or vice-versa), and, finally, M plus (to add to the memory the negative of what's in the memory); voilá: memory's cleared!

(If the calculator doesn't have a +/- button, then multiply the value from MR by -1; it does the same thing.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical equations » » Stupid Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL