The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » RoShamBo on the Radio or on the Phone!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Just a heads up for those who may have missed the postings about this new offering from the Professor Slim King over in the Penny For Your Thought forum.

It is the effect/presentation that almost got him onto the NBC show PHENOMENENON. They flew him out to Hollywood to do this thing and he made it down to the final 20. (Ended up being an alternate).

Some of you may have heard him do it on the radio for DJ’s I also know quite a few from the Café have had him perform it for them over the phone.
PM him and I am sure he will still demonstrate it for you.

The clip will explain some of the work and history of the presentation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYxV9m05PeE
(Clip is also availble in high quality on YouTube look in the lower right corner)

Word was that Slim did this over the phone with the casting agent he then did it for a room full of producers and NBC suits. I was there and could hear the shouts and laughter out in the lobby when he was performing for them out in Hollywood.

I have performed it for quite a few magicians and friends both over the phone and in person.

In fact I rattled Mick Ayres cage a good one with this effect.

Anyway thought some of you might find it interesting.

Best Wishes,

Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18035 Posts

Profile of Slim King
As always I will be happy to demonstrate this over the phone Smile
Just email me.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
What a treat, you guys don't know how lucky you are. Anyone can use this, and what an impression it'll make. Brilliant, powerful work.
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
How do we purchase this??
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18035 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Please email me and I'll put you in line after we have talked about the effect Smile
This version will be pretty limited.
Thanks
Slim King
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
JPK
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of JPK
I had the pleasure of being RoShamBo'd by Slim about a year ago over the phone.
(That just sounds soooo wrong)
John Kardel
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
Slim RoSCamBo'd me too!

Now I walk with a limp.

Chad
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
I've been a big fan of this for some time now, and the possessive SOB in me is a little bit sad to see it being released.

Some people might ask: Given that the world already has Thomas Baxter's 'RPS Entity' and Patrick Redford's 'The Call,' do we really need another over-the-phone Rock Paper Scissors effect? For me, the answer is an emphatic yes. I like all three versions, and each of them offers something good that the others don't. So if you're interested in the effect, it will be well worth it to learn all three authors' takes on it. By having them all in your brain and being able to mix and match, you can be an unstoppable roshambo machine.

Favorite performing experience with this: I found myself in a high school Caféteria where an entire table full of kids (8-10 or so) were intensely playing "Speed RPS." I bet them I could beat every one of them with my back turned. And I did. It was a glorious thing.
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I, too, will quite enjoy having a third source...now...if Slim would quit dangling the carrot (read: aged bottle of rum), and just drop the bomb on me!

Nathan
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Sorry guys this is the correct link now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-kKpH3Uj......nel_page

Do not know why it was uploaded twice but YouTube deleted the one that was linked to in this thread.

-J I'm

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18035 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I have a half day off tomorrow ...So I'll get the emails started!
Thanks for waiting. Smile
ROSHAMBO!!!!!
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Excellent...

Nathan
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Psychic Samaurai,

You are PM'ed out (I mean your PM box is full). I would love to be Roshambo'ed tomorrow... I think?

I emailed you.

Sean
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18035 Posts

Profile of Slim King
We are off to the Drs. for a check on the baby and when I return I will begin the demo's Smile
Thanks
Slim King

Posted: Feb 24, 2009 6:30pm
The demo's are going well!
Don't be shy

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 8:46am
A good discussion here
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&start=0
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
Slim Roshambo'd me, pretty good.
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
My daughter and I were just Roshambo'd by the one and only Psychic Samaurai. This is really a baffling routine. And it builds.
I'm a believer. Most excellent!!!!
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4639 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Slim,

your message box is full! How can I get in touch with you?
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18035 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Please email me Smile

floridajakeblues@gmail.com

It is also the paypal address Smile

This is only being made available to a few people on a very restricted basis at this present time.
Once you understand How you will see Why.

Thanks
"The Professor" Slim King
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-kKpH3Uj......nel_page
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
308 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
Today while I was ordering some sushi, I received a call from Slim King. He RoShamBo'd me, and he RoShamBo'd me hard. The restaurant was kind of empty and kind of quiet (about 6 customers altogether including me). After the first revelation, I started laughing maniacally out loud and I couldn't stop. Then he did it two more times and my laughing wouldn't stop. I honestly didn't know what was going on except that he got me and he got me good...REAL good. I almost felt myself going insane because of how fair and how good RoShamBo is.

My name is Sean. I am 22 years old. I live in Orlando, FL. And I just got RoShamBo'd.

Slim, I know that you're only selling this for a very limited time, but if I could purchase one please let me know. Also give me a call when you're free. I'd love to meet up one time when you're not singing "Soul Man".
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18035 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Fantastic Fun!!!
PSYCHIC SAMURAI ROSHAMBO'D SEAN'S CELL IN SUSHI BAR Smile
Now say that three times as fast as you can!

I will send you the propper procedure for purchase.

Anyone else? It's JUST CRAZY!

More here
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=15&65

Posted: Mar 3, 2009 8:38am
Several of you have been sent video links
ROSHAMBO !

Thanks
"The Professor" Slim King
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » RoShamBo on the Radio or on the Phone!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL