The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Mentalism E-Book Website (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Pm'ed you back Drew! Exciting stuff, I'm looking forward to getting this up and running.

So far we have e-books from:

Floyd Collins
Elliot Bresler
Tom Jorgenson
Dee Christopher
Thomas Baxter
Bryn Reynolds

and now Drew. Keep em coming guys...

Luke

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 9:27am
-------------------------------
Ok all, there's been a few changes.

I have sent a couple of emails to Steve Brooks about my advertising charges being donations to the Café. I am yet to receive a reply, therefore for the next month I am going to offer advertising to anyone who is willing to contribute an article.

This idea came from one of Davit's earlier posts, and I quite liked it. I have an article section on the site, and would love for anyone who has written past articles (or new ones) and who has a website to promote to contact me.

Even if you don't have a website and would just like a place to air your thoughts on our field, drop me a line. Please note that these articles will be open to google searches, so they will definitely need to be censored. Down the line I may implement a login system that restricts certain material, but for the moment it is as it is.

Thanks for everyone's support! The site is actually ready to go now, I just want to leave a few more days for anyone who is interested to lodge their e-books.

I may keep the article submissions as payment for the ads, or down the line I may charge just enough to cover hosting ($100 a year) and an ad on the Café.

See you Sunday. Smile

Luke
Matthew Townsend
View Profile
Inner circle
1302 Posts

Profile of Matthew Townsend
Just had a look at the website and its looking really good!!!

Can't wait for it to go fully live on Sunday!

Some of the ebooks are wetting my lips as I read about them.

(Shameless plug that my soon to be released first ever ebook is on the site!!)

Luke you are a real decent geezer for doing this!!!

We have needed a site like this for ages!

Peace & Love

Matt

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 6:33am
Just a quick shameless plug that my new ebook Mentally Unstable will be available as soon as this awesome website goes live on Sunday!!!

Shield you are a legend!!!

Peace & Love

M@

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 11:25am
The site is live now I believe!!!

Lets party!!!

Peace & Love

M@
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Ok everyone, the http://www.imentalism.com site has gone live!

Please check it out and support the e-book creators! If you find any bugs, please let me know at luke@imentalism.com

Thanks all!

Luke
Paul Spaniels
View Profile
Loyal user
Hull, UK
249 Posts

Profile of Paul Spaniels
Well done Shield, and thanks.
I wasn't expecting it to look that good, you've done an excellent job!
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Brilliant site. Brilliant concept. Well done!

Drew
dsacks
View Profile
Special user
609 Posts

Profile of dsacks
Shield --

It loks really well done. Super impressive! You got me hooked Smile

David
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Thanks for the kind words Paul, Drew and David! Sign up to the newsletter and I'll keep you up to date with new additions.

Luke
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
You've done something for the Mentalism community that will be a great benefit for both creators and buyers.

Well done buddy.

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Looks Good! Good luck and much success!
I've signed up for the updates.
Let's Party!!!!!!!
Thanks
Slim King
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Congratulations, Lukey Dukey! You have really accomplished something special with your site and knowing you I know it has only just begun.

We will be talking about your many varied contributions to mentalism for decades to come.

I can't wait to see where you continue to take us on this magic carpet ride.

Thank you for all your support and willingness to hear ideas and open up avenues for people who might otherwise be reluctant to take chances. I had that opportunity just when I needed it (Rick is now blushing if you look closely at his avatar) so know how much it means.
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Rick, Slim and Bill (I won't use your nickname on an open forum Bill Smile ), thanks once again for the kind words. It's nice to have the support! Glad that you now know this site won't be a torrent magnet Slim!

Phew, a crazy day. The site has gone live and another e-book has been added tonight by Jamie Daws. Check it here:

http://www.imentalism.com/index.php/gene......ted-deck

Thanks to everyone for their support of the site, and the purchases made today! You're supporting e-book creators directly, and it means a lot. At one point today we had 72 people browsing the site at once. Fantastic!

Doby Cardamom Smile provided me with a great article today which has been added to the site. You can check it here:

http://www.imentalism.com/index.php/arti......entalism

Very tired, this has been a massive endeavour in such a short space of time. I'd also like to give a shout out to Matty Shepherd for spending over 3 hours last night hanging around and testing the site before it went live. You can check his new e-book on the site!

If anyone wants to add e-books over the next few days, there may be a short wait. My girlfriend is giving me a bit of grief over spending the last two weeks solid getting this site going so I need to take a brief break! Rest assured I will get them up there as soon as possible though!

Luke
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2280 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
WOW! This site came out great!

I am very happy and thankful to Luke to have my "The Safwan Papers" hosted there, and hopefully will have a couple of more items to list there soon.

And he did it for FREE.

I've offered kick back to Luke a few bucks from each sale to use toward advertising / donations to the Café and it could really add up and be good for the Café if other selling there did the same...hint - hint - hint. Smile

Bryn
Bryn D. Reynolds, Author of:
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls" Mentalism ebooks - PM any interest.
My artwork: https://darkmountainarts.com
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Ditto those thoughts. Luke is providing a wonderful service.

There is also a section for articles and essays. Drooby posted a wonderful essay, and I offered one yesterday (which is now up).

Thanks Luke!

Sean
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Thanks Bryn for the kind words. It would be great at some point to have an ad on the Café for the site! We need all the exposure we can get.

Thanks also to Sean for providing a great article for the site. You can also see his e-books 'Contemplations' and 'Ponderings' in the general section as well!

If anyone else would care to contribute their written works please feel free to contact me at info@imentalism.com

Also (as we speak) I am working on a new addition to the site - a forum. It will integrate seamlessly into the site and will offer authors who are hosting their e-books a place moderate their own forum topics where people who have purchased their works can discuss them. This will all be password protected and hidden from search engines of course.

At the moment I am looking for feedback as to whether you guys think it will be beneficial or not.

Thanks again all!

Luke
Jamie D
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2292 Posts

Profile of Jamie D
Hey luke site looks amazeing,Thank you for the hard work you've put in to this.I feel this wiil be so usefull for the mentalist comuneity.Just counting my money so I don't spend it all in one day.lol
Twitter @darjames
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
No Daren, DO spend it all at once! Smile

I just sent out the first newsletter, and for those of you that haven't signed up you can here:

http://www.imentalism.com

There are now e-books available from Sean Waters, Jamie Daws, Alan Strydom and Christopher Taylor. Tell your friends!

Luke
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Just checked the site out, looks awesome. great job Luke. Just signed up for the newsletter too.

Andy
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Hey I saw that Andy! Thanks for your support!

Luke
Paul Spaniels
View Profile
Loyal user
Hull, UK
249 Posts

Profile of Paul Spaniels
Just signed up, looks like I missed the first one though.
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
You'll get the next one Paul!

Okay I've had a lot of people contact me regarding hosting of physical products. At the moment the main reason I haven't done this is because I couldn't figure out a way to host everyone's products and make sure that the payments go direct to them (without going through me). If the site is going to host physical products as well I think we will need a shopping cart.

I am currently working on 'imentalism.com 2.0', which will hopefully allow a full shopping cart that will disperse PayPal payments to multiple authors/creators. As far as I can find there is no software readily available to do this, so I may have to write something to handle multiple payments.

At the moment I am looking for expressions of interest to see if this will be worth all the hours I will have to put in to write a new cart software. Once again hosting of ANY product will be free! There will be no commissions payed to myself at all.

Depending on how many people want to host their products at some point I may have to add a donations button to cover the cost of hosting. At the moment this is VERY far off though. I'm not making money from the site but the cost is small enough that I can absorb it.

Send me an email if you're interested! info@imentalism.com

This will take me months to setup, so at the moment I only need emails of interest. I will log all emails and then respond to you with an update down the line.

Luke
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Mentalism E-Book Website (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL