The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Color changing Silks , any way to prevent... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Here's a contrarian point of view: I NEVER IRON MY SILKS.

Well, perhaps once...only after I have sewn the hem in for the very first time. then I let them cool to room temperature and fold them (without ironing in any folds) with teh apparatus if any. I load them no less than 20 minutes befor a show and in some cases up to an hour....and they work fine , mostly without any wrinkles.

How come? I learned this from Dick Gustafson who said not to iron silks. Instead, ALLOW them to many many fine wrinkles which gives an even texture to the entire piece of fabric and diminishes the appearance of specific wrinkles. Ironing a silk before using it only HEIGHTENS the appearance of he wrinkles.

Now I've been using silk effects in my professional act for almost 30 years and as strange as it sounds..it works. to make a Zen remark out of it: "Learn to embrace your wrinkles" And after 30 years as a professional...I guess I have a few!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
There is something to this! The softer the silk, the harder it is to wrinkle.

(Notice that printed silks usually wrinkle the worst.)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
YES Bob! You put it so succinctly: softer fabric wrinkles less. Perfect!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1724 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
To keep my silks as flat as possible without getting too much wrinkles I roll them around a large stick or an emptry cardboard role of tissu paper.

I never iron them and if necessary I handclean them with water and soap and let them dry on a mirror.

I neve had any comments about wrinkles from the audience. If I would I'd just say : They have little wrinkles just because they're old hankies.

Oliver.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Color changing Silks , any way to prevent... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL