The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Last Man Standing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Hi Guys Just thought I would do a card trick....lol
This is Last Man Standing from John Bannon. I tweeked the handling to suit me and my style.
One of the best in the hands Triumph IMHO
Enjoy
Tim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9FZsEBOzSQ
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Oh how I hate it when I know how the trick is done and somebody still manages to fool me with it.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Excellent Tim! Smooth, short and sweet...all the things I like.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Nicely done Captain! Smile
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Quote:
On 2009-02-23 23:44, Father Photius wrote:
Oh how I hate it when I know how the trick is done and somebody still manages to fool me with it.

Father.. you hate it and I love when that happens. It the feeling we use to get before we got into magic, oh how I miss that feeling, so when I get fried I sit back and enjoy it.

Thanks guys glad you liked it.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Very nice presentation. Thanks for sharing the link.
Magic is a vanishing art.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10804 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
IN YOUR FACE MAGIC LOVED IT
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
173 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Nice! Enjoyed it very much. Do you ever do the reveal with a face down deck? Might be better that way (or maybe not, just my opinion)

Ron
:)
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Quote:
On 2009-02-24 19:27, R.S. wrote:
Nice! Enjoyed it very much. Do you ever do the reveal with a face down deck? Might be better that way (or maybe not, just my opinion)

Ron
:)

Hi Ron
It all depends on what the spectators says. If the spectator say they want there card in the face up cards then I spread the cards face down and vise versa.
Glad you liked it.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
An in-the-hands Triumph is a great effect to have in one's arsenal, IMO. However, I've never cared for the gaping discrepancy when the conjoined stacks are turned over for the two riffles [to show "half face up and half face down"] in the Bannon routine.

I resolved this for my own handling with a simple move that lets me to riffle both ends fully (all the cards at each end), as well as flip-flop the entire double packet back and forth a few times showing each side (ala thr Larry Jennings display from Outstanding Triumph). This allows for an extremely fair display of the apparent half-up/half-down condition [of the deck], and raises the deceptiveness of the routine exponentially.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Tim, were you lying to me when you said you didn't do too many card tricks? Because that looked great!
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Magicman
Thanks buddy, ok maybe a few card tricks....lol

Thomas
Where can I find your handling ??? I'm always up for improving, from the sound of it it something I would like to do.
Thanks in advance
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
8864 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Nice! I like. Smile I gotta learn that one from you one day, Cap'n...Good job mate.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
2240 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2009-02-24 21:02, feher wrote:
Magicman
Thanks buddy, ok maybe a few card tricks....lol

Thomas
Where can I find your handling ??? I'm always up for improving, from the sound of it it something I would like to do.
Thanks in advance
Tim

It's my own unpublished handling, and to explain it would entail exposure, so we'd have to move this topic to Secret Sessions to even give any details at all.

TW
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Thomas,
I didn't mean here...lol pm if you want. I thought maybe you had it published somewhere. I would've looked for it.
Thanks for your thoughts and concerns.
Tim
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1615 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Very nice. I do a version of that as well -- a mixture of Bannon's with some an element of Josh Jay's for a recent edition of magic. I love that you got rid of the Braue Reversal -- it looked very smooth.
jerry100won
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas Texas
270 Posts

Profile of jerry100won
Feher, this is great!! Love the way you made the adjustment that was after the Braue in the original. That is a lot smoother as well.
Jerry

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.

- THOMAS JEFFERSON
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Last Man Standing (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL