The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Am I the only one busking in Chicago??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2956 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
I agree. I wouldn've tried busking a long time ago if it were legal. Streets of woodfield?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
How about the streets of Schaumburg? Smile
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Division Street out by Ashland/Damen has those sweet double wide sidewalks and plenty of outdoor Cafés. Could be a good spot for the right worker...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Nick W
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Nick W
If you are a street artist in chicago, pm me. I will be there shortly next month and would like to meet some chicago magicians. also find a pitch!
Smarty Pants World
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of Smarty Pants World
I don't know if I would recommend Wicker Park if you are looking to get decent tips.
John Sturk
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago, IL
120 Posts

Profile of John Sturk
Smarty:

This is a discussion for a whole other dinner!
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Quote:
On 2009-04-14 14:50, Smarty Pants World wrote:
I don't know if I would recommend Wicker Park if you are looking to get decent tips.

A bunch of young-to-middling aged people in a small space with some nice pitch spots, with more money than sense, desperate to be entertained....

Besides, I'd more call Division Street west Ukrainian Village moreso than Wicker Park, anyhow... But that's neither here nor there!

If I still lived in Chi-Town I'd certainly give it a go... I miss that town!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I am thinking about going to Chicago to spend a weekend busking when the weather gets better.
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
Mike, I must I have shown you little respect before. However someone posted your UTube video of the linking rings at your ring 22 meeting. That is an act that will work on the streets!!! You do it very skillfully and interact with the audience very well. Your personality does not come across on your posts but it stands out in that video.

Yes this is my way of publically apologizing for being so harsh with you.

Paddy
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Apology accepted. And here are some photos of me performing the Linking Rings while street busking Downtown Detroit: http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e150/D......20Rings/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Am I the only one busking in Chicago??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL