The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Worst Effects on True Astonishments set? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
ricardo carpenter
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of ricardo carpenter
Kissdadookie,

I'm sorry. No, I didn't find that. I didn't read that.

No problem.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3960 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Let me say this once and once only Engali, just in case my detailed PM didn't explain it well enough:

THE B***** S**** IS THE ONLY "DODGY" PART OF THE WHOLE ROUTINE WHICH GOES BY UNNOTICED. It's basically the first 10% of the Dunn's Deal. The remainder of the 90% is all done by the spectator and it's hands off for you. Compared to Galaxy, Dunn's Deal is much stronger for your audience then Galaxy reason being that the little "mistakes" in the middle makes the effect more believable for the spectator AND it's connected to a state of mind that you've presented during the presentation. Compared to Galaxy, Dunn's Deal is a better EFFECT OVERALL. I've also explained the Ripped and Fryed, guess you're having a bit of selective hearing/reading. That's all good and fine because I now have no hesitation to group you with Darkstar, so now I have double the laughs.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2009-02-28 14:31, darkstar757 wrote:
Why do you all care so much.


Cuz we are magicians helping magicians... clearly, you need help... Smile

Quote:
First off. I was just being honest about my life. I was indeed in the VIP lounge or "sky deck" last night with a bunch of women. Is that such a big deal?


Being on the roof of a trailer with your mom and sisters doesn't count y'know. Smile Even if its the VIP area with the warmth from the satellite dish.

Quote:
And I was there in essence because of magic. Something very simple that instead of hating on it, why not be the same? Or at least your version of what you like as the same. Who doesn't like sitting on top of a place eating complimentary chocolate strawberries and goodies with the company of women. It's really sad when people mock something so simple.


The question is - you must think we are all beyond simple... me magic edumacation don't make the situmawatchun.


Quote:
And second it's sadder when someone really states some constructive criticism about 2 TA effects as examples and "you must suck then" and all these odd judgments pour from nowhere. Alas, I stated what I did with 6 hours of my life in 100 percent honesty and look how some acted.


I shall weep with you brohim.


Quote:
TA isn't worth the money. I went to a club VIP and was in the sky deck with a bunch of women. "Boo you suck...must suck...didn't like TA...drank champagne...lame guy over there"


$300 towards a high class call girl my be more of value for some than the set... its all in your POV and values. Heck, party on dude.

Quote:
A friend said it best when I pointed to this area yesterday and responded while I was out.


You pointed to cyberspace?

Quote:
"you shouldn't even bother to discuss with them. I think that for some people is difficult to accept they spend $300 in something they thought is going to be superb and ended being a disappointment"


Yeah - listen to him! Go away!

Clearly, as your friend states, if you felt it was a waste of money - everyone else does too... but clearly do not have the balls to say it like you. Fasntastic!!!! I am sooooo ashamed.

Quote:
I just hope in the future more people step up a little at Café and be honest about product.


Honest being they agree with your opinion, or else, they are all raving fan boy liars? You should become a guru - you have nice clear and quick way of defining the universe! AVM!

Quote:
As I said this place is known as a "hype machine" "full of pricks" and the place "I can't say anything constructive about the X I bought"


If you go away, there will be at least one less (or more if you take your multiple avatar with ya)? OF COURSE I KID - LAFF ALREADY... clearly you must be jokin' so I'm playing along... cuz you must be doing a comedy sarcasm post... no one could be that rigid in thinking...

Quote:
Wishful thinking perhaps. Good luck with your magic, and our art. Even more good luck on mocking others that disagree with the most always raving reviews at Café. You should be an area super star too! Why not?! Only reason I can see why not is because of the haters...but that goes with the territory. Even amongst what you'd think would be your peers.


Thanks for playing! BTW, do you actually perform magic, or do you just do the bottle levitation ala The Game to pick up chicks and tell them "You iz thinkin' of th number 7?"

Oh, BTW, good luck in VIP land. Very Insipid Poster?

HAHHAHAAAAA

WHY SO SERIOUS?

Now that we have all kicked each other in the balls - lets go get a beer down by the river
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
darkstar757
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of darkstar757
Welp. My compassion. This post can stand to rest why so many people dislike Café. I'm not embarrassed of who I am at all...but in the end this all isn't about me at all. I just hope some of you reflect on what a community is....or at the very least what it means when people have the same passions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKkapvTC8_U
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3960 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Uhm Darkstar... we just don't want you in the brotherhood. That's all. Smile
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
663 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
Quote:
On 2009-02-28 15:09, Engali wrote:

And it's not that only negative views hold wright with me, look up a couple posts and read what I wrote--you're wrong. It's just that the more critical reviews so far have given me the most FACTUAL information like I already mentioned about the effects instead of anecdotes about how you adapted Dunn Deal with a clever twist of a presentation. You did say that it let you not touch the deck afterward...but after WHAT? If everything before the B***** S****, COMPARED TO GALAXY, looks dodgy then I'd be inclined to use Galaxy. That would be useful information. And it's great that there's a version out there where Ripped and Fryed can have the spectator feel the restoration, but that's NOT the version that everyone is gonna get, is it? So keeping comments on topic with what's actually on the TA set of DVDs would be good.



The handling of Dunn's Deal doesn't look dodgy (unless you're not adept at executing the sleight (which is a VERY easy sleight)). If you're more advanced you will obviously come up with other techniques to accomplish what's accomplished at the beginning of Dunn's Deal if you don't like that handling. And what do you mean “after what.” Are you being purposefully obtuse? I honestly don’t understand. As I wrote:

“it's an OOTW style effect that lets you hand the deck to a participant and never touch it again.”

Once the spectator perceives that the effect has started – once you give them the deck to deal through -- you don't have to touch the deck again.

Do the trade-offs make it better or worse than Galaxy? For me it's better, for you it might not be. That's the point people have been trying to make here. Have some backbone and be willing to come up with your own opinion on these things.

You act like concentrating on the negatives in a review of something you like is a natural manner of reviewing something. It's not unless those negatives are very significant (and why would they be when you're talking about something you like?).

Nobody challenged you to bring up some negatives in this rave review you wrote for Ellusionist's Kard Klub:

http://www.magictalk.com/cgi-bin/reviews.cgi?read=796

And when you gushed about Ellusionist's DVD Ninja 2, you didn't mention a single thing you disliked:

http://www.magictalk.com/cgi-bin/reviews.cgi?read=613

Does that mean you think these are perfect products? I hope not. Seriously, god I hope not. It just means you mentioned what you thought was most relevant.
ricardo carpenter
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of ricardo carpenter
"Now that we have all kicked each other in the balls - lets go get a beer down by the river"

Very good. Makes me laugh.

And it sounds good. good line.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3960 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Joe, this explains A LOT.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10576 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Cripes man, you went and made a video for this Smile?

My Px for you - forget about this wole thing and lead your life - go and party with the hotties in the VIP lounge...

We losers can hand out here and talk about the Big Tiny Smile....!!!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
ricardo carpenter
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of ricardo carpenter
The video from darkstar is sincere.
Your response to it, kisdadookie, is ugly.

enough for me.

No issue here.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3960 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Mines is ugly? Ha ha, no no, Dr. Spektor's was ruthless. Look Ricardo, at first I had some respect for Darkstar, then he started trying to say that I shouldn't be underestimating him because of his mentors and the circles he's in. He also boldly claimed he has girls on their knees pretty much begging for his presence. So, you tell me, am I really being ugly or stating the obvious? You have a issue with people not being able to freely talk about TA, don't you find a problem that it's as if I can't freely be critical on the things that Darkstar has previously posted? Look, if you're going to post, don't get offended from a negative response.

Just for the record, I've PMd you earlier Ricardo and I did as well to Engali, reason being, the points I make the in the PMs I've already made PUBLICLY thus there's no point in reposting on the open forums. I PMd just in case Ricardo or Engali is too lazy to read previous posts (which apparently they are).
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I just don't get why darkstar keeps mentioning the "VIP" like we care. If anything, I recommend you don't go to clubs. You'll just get a weird rash and itch in the morning.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
ricardo carpenter
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of ricardo carpenter
It's not a question about supporting or not negative responses, it's about attitude of a group of people who reject some others. If you want to stay together, to be the WE PEOPLE, no problem. But please don't pretend to be open.
From "your" side, it cames only bashful and rejective attitude. Engali, and Darkshar
seems to be cool, ok they are not perfect, but who the hell are you to say what the community has to be.
And yes, that doesn't' makes me laugh.
Joe Roberts
View Profile
Special user
663 Posts

Profile of Joe Roberts
An important distinction to make is that people didn't bust on Darkstar because of his opinion on TA. They made fun of him for everything else he wrote, which you have to agree is fairly hilarious.

Darkstar, I understand you like to do magic for bouncers and pretty ladies to get them to like you. If that's your style, have at it. I prefer to use my personality (less stuff to carry around). But if that stops working maybe I'll resort to tricks.

I apologize for posting the video of you. It was of you doing magic and you were lording your credentials over us so I thought it was appropriate. I didn't realize it was private because...well, it was a public video on youtube, not a private one.

In all honesty, Darkstar, I wish you only the best with magic and the babes and all that. Seriously --not that you care what I think-- but I do.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3960 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Ricardo, what do you mean by "pretend to be open"? How am I pretending to be open? You're defense is sadly lacking especially when you're trying to defend the two who have thus far discredited themselves. Bashful and rejective? Ha, I expressed the constructive criticism that they had requested. Are you trying to state that one can not input more criticism for a preexisting one? I'm nobody to say things about the community, but you know what, if you want to call me out on something, call me out. I'll defend myself if I have to but I find no need to defend myself using such childish methods as Darkstar has expressed oh so openly and then tried to back track on.

Again, it all comes down to, if you want to make a argument, at least make a good one. Also, be prepared to back yourself up on it. Don't shrivel up and throw some drivel about VIP lounges, mentor's, circles, and girls on their knees.
darkstar757
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of darkstar757
You people just can't stop "I don't use magic to get women like you Darkstar. I use my personality. Perhaps someday I'll stoop to your level"...and don't say that's not what you said...because it is.

Ya'll really didn't get my message at all. And it's not about me. It's about how Café has a tarnished name. And it's obvious why. It's not a competition, it's not I'm right and need to prove anything. The only people that post here regularly are here to fight and make snide comments.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2339 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-02-28 18:13, darkstar757 wrote:
The only people that post here regularly are here to fight and make snide comments.


Now, there is something I can agree with! A lot of us do make snide comments and look for a fight. I'm guilty of this as well. I don't know why it is though. Maybe it's because we're all "kids in a sand box".

Darkstar, you don't help matters when you brag about clubs, women and mentors. Please try to be more humble. Sorry I made snide comments though, I just found your arrogance annoying.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
I think you have to learn something with the attitude of Darkstar:
His video shows one thing: the lack/difficulty of understanding when using this forum to communicate with each others.

There's bad feelings, misunderstood in here sometimes... I think you, i, we need to take some breaths before posting something in here. I see people demand things, bash in each others for what? Hey we live in the same world and time is precious to waste in this things. There's a lot of people out there waiting for wonder and astonishment.... go on and entertain, make them smile because you can do! Make the difference! You are a student of one of the most beautiful arts and you are privileged to be apart of it.

TA project is an awesome project... just take sometime to think that some years ago everyone was trying to do the next big thing. There came a guy that took some of the worst effects (for some people) and in a blink of an eye they became BIG. This made people smile, inspired and help people getting in love for magic.
As soon as you see a guy taking the worst trick and perform it as you never saw you will scratch your head... why I didn't think that Smile

my2cents

btw my main language is not English and I hope my message makes sense.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3960 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
You said your goodbyes and then you come back. You claim your awesomeness but then find no need to back up your flaunting of supposed success. Look, we initially started talking about effects and then you started talking about your so called life and more or less attempted at trying to make me come off as a kid by stating that you have mentors and circles that I don't know about. To be honest, you asked for it and myself along with a few others dealt it back to you. Why place yourself in this position and then cry foul when people are reacting to your nonsense?

Elcio makes a great point:

"TA project is an awesome project... just take sometime to think that some years ago everyone was trying to do the next big thing. There came a guy that took some of the worst effects (for some people) and in a blink of an eye they became BIG. This made people smile, inspired and help people getting in love for magic.
As soon as you see a guy taking the worst trick and perform it as you never saw you will scratch your head... why I didn't think that "

I tried to explain that point but instead I get all this nonsense about, for example, how Dunn's Deal is garbage just because a person prefers another version of OOTW? How does you're preference for one make the other garbage for others? Makes no sense.

Another example, remember David Blaine? Magician's disliked David sooooooooooooooooooooooo much in the beginning when David became well known through his first and second TV specials. Did David Blaine disappear because of that? Nope, lay people love watching him making him very popular. Lesson to be learned? Lay people matter more than what a magician feels is a perfect effect. If you can't understand this very simple point, then you truly do need to reassess your understanding of this art.
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Everyone has the right to their own opinion and I understand that there is allot of people out there that wont like this set because it is very different.

I personaly think that the set is fantastic, however there are some effects on there that I did not find interesting at all, but as a whole a think its a amazing collection of close up effects and interviews. Together, atleast to me it feelt more like a "guide" and introduction to Paul Harris type of "Astonishment magic" which I understand is not for everyone.

However I am still seriouslly interested to hear some indepth thoughts on why some people think it was a disappointment, because I have heard quit a few people say that they did not like it or did not fint it to be worth the money but never really why.

I think it would be really helpfull for people that is thinking about getting this to hear why it is bad rather then just telling people that they did not like it, because now there are reviews that are saying that it is fantastic and reviews that are saying its not that good but not why, that can be confusing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Worst Effects on True Astonishments set? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL