The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Cards everywhere -- should I reduce? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
Hey folks,

I've got cards everywhere. On the floor, on top of cupboards, in back pockets, in the car, office, bathroom, and in little stacks on every surface in my house.

I'm not even that much of a card guy!

They're nothing special, just an assortment of bikes and bees. The problem is, I like to always have a stack with me to practice. They get bent, lost, and beaten up. But instead of throwing them out, I just get more decks and leave the others around just in case.

I'm thinking of throwing everything out, and just getting about 2 Bee decks that I treat with respect. (Buying some fanning powder, a deck holder and even a card press?)

Any thoughts, suggestions, similar experiences, or sympathy?

Thanks,
Daniel
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Quote:
On 2009-02-25 14:05, DanielCoyne wrote:
I've got cards everywhere. On the floor, on top of cupboards, in back pockets, in the car, office, bathroom, and in little stacks on every surface in my house.

So what's the problem Daniel?! Smile

I'm not a card guy either and I have more cards than I know what to do with so I can relate.
For my new decks (which I buy in excess because I'm sad like that lol) I store them in Shoeboxes. Old decks I pile up in a drawer or, like you, leave them laying around so no matter where I am there's a deck handy.

Old decks are good for practicing the Mercury Card Fold and other effects etc that require you to destroy cards.
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
You don't need a card press, just use some porper clips.

It's a good idea to organize your deck collection though so you know what all you have to choose from, this is what I do

Pauldela
View Profile
Special user
U.K
882 Posts

Profile of Pauldela
I just shot a load.

That is beautifull.
the kid houdini
View Profile
Regular user
143 Posts

Profile of the kid houdini
Fletch I think when they meant a lot, it was like 3 bricks. Lol. Very handsome collection though, likin the watermelons.

-Alex
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
That is a fetish, not a hobby!
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of M Sini
Trashman,

That's one of the coolest things I've seen.
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
Thanks you guys, I really like to organize and collect , almost as much as I like to actually play with the stuff!

Here's a zoomed out shot:

And some of my favorite stuff right now, the new "mixed manipulation" shelf

DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
Whoa
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Cards everywhere -- should I reduce? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL