The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Flourish from the movie Shade (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

THEnotsoREALDEAL
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of THEnotsoREALDEAL
Hi
I was watching the movie Shade at a friends house one day, and we also watched the special features section.
In the tricks part of that they show a 1 handed table riffle where the cards fountain upwards (unlike the 1 hand riffle when you turn your hand down and the cards fountain downwards).

Can anyone tell me the correct name of this flourish or any info on how I should go about learning it?
the only time ive seen it is in that DVD :S
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
You can learn this from a variety of sources, I just learned it from XB (xtreme beginnerz) and Jerry The Flourishman's encyclopedia of playing card flourishes at http://www.flourishman.com

what you are describing is actually fairly easy to do, just don't turn your hand over before doing the one-handed waterfall finish! Since you don't have gravity on your side it's a little more difficult now and you have to have better technique to end with a nicely squared deck.

Think that's cool? Watch this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K0-EClT4CE

at 4:28 Max321 does a one handed shuffle with the waterfall in BOTH directions!
THEnotsoREALDEAL
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of THEnotsoREALDEAL
Thanks for the reply Trashmanf
that video is really motivating I'm going to go and practice some new flourishes Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Pasteboard Frolics » » Flourish from the movie Shade (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL