We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis Basics (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jondark445
I'm interested in beginning to learn a hypnosis stage act. Where should I begin? Are there books or other things I can turn to, or would it be best to find someone to teach me?

Suggestions? Advice?

--J
Jubin
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Jubin
Do you have Deeper and deeper from Jonathan Chase?

This book is about stage hypnosis and is a good begining.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Buy this book, Reality Is Plastic by Anthony Jacquin, a member here.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Jubin
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of Jubin
Quote:
On 2009-02-26 14:07, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
Buy this book, Reality Is Plastic by Anthony Jacquin, a member here.

RIP is a wonderful book indeed, but it is'nt about stage hypnosis. It is about Impromptu hypnosis.
swiss_magician
View Profile
Regular user
Switzerland
161 Posts

Profile of swiss_magician
I saw in another thread that Richard Nongard just released a set of Dvds on a complete stage-hypnosis act. This would be another possibility.
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Thanks for the mention Pakar. The book is not about stage hypnosis. But it will get you hypnotizing Smile

I am a fan of Deeper and Deeper. It gave me the basic structure to get started with stage hypnosis. Geoff Ronnings book on the subject get's some great reviews from those in the industry.

Nongard and Cerbonne have many DVD's about various aspects of stage hypnosis.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I didn't read the first post clearly...

Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
jondark445
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Wow.....great suggestions AND a civil discussion. I had to check to make sure I was still in the Café.

Thanks everyone.....seems to be a good start!!!!!

--J
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
My new DVD set is at http://www.StageHypnosisTraining.com and my other websites, it is pretty comprehensive. We haveother DVD's as well. RIP is excellent, and so are John Chase's...

Richard
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
To learn stage hypnotism without a personal instructor:

Get Richard Nongard's stage hypnotism course...half the price of Ronning's and I understand from people I deeply trust it is better. I have seen Ronning's course and in the past recommended it. Though I have not seen Richard's I can safely recommend it based on his other products I have seen and the very high recommendations of some here who make a living with stage hypnotism.

Get Ronning's book, "Ronning Guide to Modern Stage Hypnosis". It is most of his course in book form, at a far cheaper price. Very well done...the new "Bible" of stage hypnotism.

Get Anthony Jaquin's "Reality is Plastic". It is basic but does it very, very well. It will remove the fear hypnotists get sometimes...that they won't be able to hypnotize anyone. If someone came up to you, found out you were a hypnotist, and said, "...hypnotize me..." you would know what to do and how to do it.

Those three products will get you as ready as you can without personal instruction. Then absorb some youtube, both good and bad. Finally, go to see some hypnotists.

Good luck.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Take in-person training. Then use all of the books and DVDs to amplify and enhance what you learned. PLUS, take courses in:
acting
stage presence
public speaking

If you really want to be professional, you might also study:
advertising and publicity
accounting for business

don't forget the study of electronics so you can make "instant" recordings of the show and sell them to people in the audience.
magician2121
View Profile
New user
Columbus,OH
35 Posts

Profile of magician2121
I would also reccomend Richard's "Little black book of stage hypnosis secrets". It's great!
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." -Adam Savage
Owen Mc Ginty
View Profile
Special user
not a stupid user, a special user.
533 Posts

Profile of Owen Mc Ginty
Quote:
On 2009-02-27 11:08, dmkraig wrote:
Take in-person training. Then use all of the books and DVDs to amplify and enhance what you learned. PLUS, take courses in:
acting
stage presence
public speaking

If you really want to be professional, you might also study:
advertising and publicity
accounting for business

don't forget the study of electronics so you can make "instant" recordings of the show and sell them to people in the audience.

- I agree with the training suggestion. Books will give you ideas for new techniques, but a book can´t tell you what you´re doing wrong.
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4244 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Well, not totally true Smile Without live training, it will just take considerably longer to figure out what one is doing wrong Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20662 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
With the added bonous of the possibility of really hurting someone thrown in just for fun.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Shane Masters
View Profile
Regular user
Columbus, OH
157 Posts

Profile of Shane Masters
Quote:
On 2010-09-03 15:25, Dannydoyle wrote:
With the added bonous of the possibility of really hurting someone thrown in just for fun.

Agreed!! Guys, I started off doing this the long-wrong way. I didn't know any better years ago. Go back through some of my old posts regarding my endeavors. While there is a plethora of good info out there to help you on your way, nothing beats hands on live training.

I still buy books, DVD's and go to other people's live shows. It shares new ideas and techniques. I see what works for some people that doesn't work foor me.....and vice-versa. I see things that help improve my shows and things to stay away from.

To just touch the tip of the iceburg, we have all seen the " belt becomes a snake " routine. Did you stop to think that this is something you shouldn't do to an older person with a possible heart condition? It may seem like common sense now that you just read it, but, was that really in your forethought? If you are new to this art, probably not.-Shane
The Cerebral Assassin
vincent van dark
View Profile
New user
Germany
3 Posts

Profile of vincent van dark
I learned the art of hypnosis from Anthony Jacquin last year.
It really changed my world.
For example, today the room the participant had been in, completeley vanished (ok, it came back, of course) ...

Vincent van Dark
Jerry
View Profile
Inner circle
Some where in Florida
1212 Posts

Profile of Jerry
Isn't Hypnosis the same regardless if you are doing it on stage? Is "Staged" Hypnosis different then Hypno-therapy?

Don't you use the same methods? How do they differ? To me, logically there should be the same.

JerryB
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2010-09-11 03:38, Jerry wrote:
Isn't Hypnosis the same regardless if you are doing it on stage? Is "Staged" Hypnosis different then Hypno-therapy?

Don't you use the same methods? How do they differ? To me, logically there should be the same.

JerryB

Jerry,

One good source that would answer your question - and MANY more - is Richard Nonegard's book Inductions and Deepeners.

Namaste,
Vlad
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10228 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Stage Hypnosis and Staged Hypnosis are completely different things.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnosis Basics (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL