The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Just giving them away... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AznSAmagic
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
93 Posts

Profile of AznSAmagic
I guess it's a sign of the times but I'm starting to notice more and more sales/specials/deals... Buy one get one free... Buy $99 or more and get another set free... Buy $39 or more and get a free pack of cards... etc

There are some great deals to be had. It's just hard to match up what you want. Some dealers with the special don't sell the item I want. Frustrating Smile

Is anyone buying more today because of these deals or is everyone saving because of the economy?
Cerca Trova
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
497 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
I'm not spending more since I have a monthly budget for magic, but I am choosing who I buy from more carefully, and trying to make sure my purchases coincide with a sale or something free. (As long as the free thing is something I can use.)

Bill
sweiss
View Profile
New user
Guam
49 Posts

Profile of sweiss
The item I've noticed that you can't even give away is a VHS video on magic. It seems like the magic auctions don't even want them. Any leads on where to look for buyers?
Stephen Weiss, owner
New Planet Online Magic Shop
http://www.newplanetmagic.com
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
497 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
It's legal to make a backup copy for your own personal uses. If you have a DVD recorder, how about backing the VHS tape up onto DVD, then selling the original official VHS along with a pre-made DVD backup to save the buyer the time it takes to make his own backup? You can't advertise it as selling the DVD since the thing you'd actually be selling is the VHS, but it might solve some problems.

Just a thought.
Bill
sweiss
View Profile
New user
Guam
49 Posts

Profile of sweiss
Bill,
Good advice. I've been looking for a reasonably priced DVD recorder for the last couple months to do just that. I wasn't sure it would be legal, but your approach is along the line I was thinking and should be OK.
Stephen Weiss, owner
New Planet Online Magic Shop
http://www.newplanetmagic.com
thehawk
View Profile
Inner circle
2275 Posts

Profile of thehawk
I done a lot of my vhs tapes to dvd and just kept the tapes also.
Josh Chaikin
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City
1430 Posts

Profile of Josh Chaikin
$40 and a little bit from you. I've done it with a number of my VHS tapes and it works great.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/49......deo.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Just giving them away... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL