The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Is this ending ENOUGH??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
I have been tossing around an idea in my head for a while now, and I just recently started performing it on occasion, but I can't help but wonder, is the ending good enough? Does it have enough of a climax to make them wonder?

The effect is simple but I am not sure if it is too simple that it is not even magic. I tear a corner from their bill and make a few jokes, have then pinch the bill with their two fingers, and then simply just vanish the corner and have it appear under the bill in their fingertips.

It makes me feel weird that I get the same reactions with this and the coin roll whenever I do one. I'm not sure if I should do some kind of restoration or flurry esque sequence or something like that.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Mark, without seeing you perform it, it is hard to tell. There seems to be nothing wrong with the effect itself, but how it is built up and presented can make all the difference in the world.

A coin roll is a flourish, nice to look at, definitely takes some skill and practice, but it is not a trick in itself. A coin roll says "see how clever I am". That generally doesn't get much of a reaction, because you are telling your audience "I'm smarter than you, see."

A trick that gets a similar reaction is probably saying something similar to the audience. Maybe you need to look at the patter and presentation.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
koh
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of koh
I would ask what magic are you to accomplish with this effect? Once you figure that out, I agree with Father Photius, it's about the patter and presentation. Good luck!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Is this ending ENOUGH??? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL