The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Daniel Madison ADVOCATE -Review? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Marc Frese
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of Marc Frese
This looks promising.
http://www.danielmadison.co.uk/Advocate.html
I think it's very interesting.
Even the price seems ok!

Any review?

marc
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1705 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Well, I downloaded this last night. The effects sounds great however, it's much to be desired. The book of course as with all Daniel Madison's stuff is well layed out and looks slick and cool. The method is, well, complicated and nacky to use. without being able to see what you are doing also. It can be made very easily which is a plus. Literally seconds. but again, it will take ALOT of getting used to. It will also take a long time to be able to perform it well. I like the idea's within the tricks and I will give one or two of them ago. There's lots of entra handlings and idea's in the book. He also begins the book by explaining how it is his favourate discovery to date. Persoanlly, I would put that as his last release "Wrath" which I couldn't recomend enough.

Overall, it's a good one to try and see what you think of it. I didn't think it was anything overly exciting but the amount of stuff you get in the book, the idea's and extra handlins are worht the money.

Jamie
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
lil_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of lil_magic
I downloaded it last night as well. Everything is exactly as it says, but it will take some practice. I think the ideal behind the method is good, but I think he could have brought the price down a bit. overall I give it a 6/10
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
583 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
I think this is a very useful tool and will be using it. Until you get faster with the method, you could have the spectator open a new sealed deck before they shuffle it. This will give you lots more time.
Thomas Kwon
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Thomas Kwon
Then I will have to push this down the list of to-buy...
feifei
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
179 Posts

Profile of feifei
I too prefer and liked Wrath more.
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
And yet it has such names as Michael weber and dan white singing its praises..strange it has a mixed review on here. mite have to put its purchase on hold for a while.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1260 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
I really don't like when people come here and fish for methods. HOWEVER, I feel I can do most of the effects listed with an i***x. I must be getting something more than that here, yes?
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
A good question, I'm not fishing for methods but an idea as to what I would be paying for is a valid question I feel......at the moment I'm guessing a gimmick I have to make?...
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1705 Posts

Profile of JamieD
The Gimmick is easily made (could proably be made at a moments notice) All you ned is a deck of cards and a card box and it's a newly styled Card I***x.

Hope this helps,

Jamie
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1976 Posts

Profile of Titanas
I got this from Blackpool directly from Daniel.
I ve been told that its great and when Daniel performed it to me, I knew I had to take it.
I am really glad with my purchase and with how easy and practical this effect is.

Bests,
Titanas
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
I bought it and I prefer Wrath. But that's just me.

Kenny
dylan magic
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of dylan magic
Thanks for the help guys.
Chamberlain
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of Chamberlain
My review - Meh.

Sounds good in theory but its just a new take on an old old concept. Its just not the sort of thing I see myself carry around. Lets just say you can buy a similar prop, albeit slightly larger, from trickshop.com for $7.95...
David Smith
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of David Smith
Quote:
On 2009-03-01 15:17, sleightofhander wrote:
I think this is a very useful tool and will be using it. Until you get faster with the method, you could have the spectator open a new sealed deck before they shuffle it. This will give you lots more time.

Daniel fooled me with this at Blackpool by asking me to check my named card was in the deck then asking me to shuffle the cards first face down, then face up. This bought all the time and shade necessary. Have recently downloaded this knowing roughly what to expect and can strongly recommend it. It is a very old principle which many younger magicians may be unfamiliar with, but is very practical with practice. You must be prepared to sacrifice pocket space though, gimmick is slightly larger than a deck of cards and needs a little room for access.
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
Man.
It's a practical Card I***X
It's well constructed and easy to navigate.

Overall if you have pocket space and can p****lm a card (more stars added) then it's a fun little piece.
Nechto
View Profile
Special user
UK
870 Posts

Profile of Nechto
I cannot recommend this enough. It's directness KILLS, I much prefer this to Wrath and I LOVED Wrath!!

What you get has been discussed here so I won't go into it but I picked this up very quickly and have been slaying people. Imagine Kollosal Killer but with only one card in your wallet, tie this in with Luca Volpe's Thought of Card in Balloon routine or MArk Jenest's Billooon routine and you have a dynamite effect. The smoother you get with this the better for sure but I find a casual demeanor and a tiny bit of misdirection or just a small delay that can be created with a splurge of patter and you have already won! This is a great concept and Daniel has put some great routines together to go with it. I truly believe I understand the quote that said this really is only limited by your imagination.

Top marks Daniel son, go get yourself a gold star!

Ben
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Easy and practical I really love it
magic123
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of magic123
That His hand Is GLUED to that cup is Quite "Suspect"
That the card was Curled screams Palm . Does any one havea link to Wrath ?
May have to hold on to my cash for awhile longer.

m123
airztonne
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of airztonne
The hand "glued" is misdirection.
A curled card is only screaming to a magician.
And palm yes, but how are you gonna palm the right card?

I admit I'm new to magic and new to buying magic, so I don't know all the effects or if this is a take on an old method(just look at my post count and you'll know)
BUT you(anyone reading this)have to remember, that this is not a brainwave - Its a utility device that lets you locate ANY card. (You can adapt this to esp, tarot etc) and do a clean show of an invisible, to impossible location. the card is clean in the cleanest sense.

Honestly, this is one of the "effects" (quotes because its not an effect but a utility) that I actually feel is practical for me because many a times, we buy effects to realize that I have to bring a "not clean" deck to do one effect or realize I don't feel as comfortable doing that knuckle busting move/misdirection. But this, as I've said, lets me do an array of effects with just that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Daniel Madison ADVOCATE -Review? (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL