The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » My Best to You: CARDS - Scott F. Guinn (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Just wanted to let you know that I just put up another new ebook on my site. It's called My Best to You, Volume 1: Cards. It contains fifteen of my best and most-requested card effects from my out of print books--edited, expanded, and updated. Unique plots and twisted classics, all audience tested in the real world!

BOXING A JOKER
OPEN FLIPPIN’ PREDICTION
A COUPLE OF BANDITS
RANSOMED BACK
WHAT THE DEVIL
WHAT IN THE WORLD
FACE-OFF
KINGS’ NITE OUT
UNPREDICTABLE
WAKE ME AT TEN
BACK TO THE FUTURE
UNIVERSAL APPEAL
COLOR MY WORLD
A TRIUMPH IN PLASTIC

As always, profusely photo-illustrated. A Steal at only $22.50!

Thanks guys!

Scott
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
I've been a long time fan of Scotts going back to the Visions Online website days. I own most of Scotts past work and freqently use routines like What in the World. This routine is the "worth the value of the whole book" routine in this volume. Try it, you will use it!!!

If you want real workable routines that play strong for both magicians and lay people, this is the best of the best, picked from all of Scotts now Out Of Print manuscripts.

You won't go wrong with My Best to You, Volume 1: Cards by Scott Guinn.

Jeff Pierce
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Thanks Jeff! Much appreciated!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
I just finished reading through Scott Guinn “My Best To You”, Volume 1 of his recent release of several E-Books. This volume contains all card magic and deals with shuffle deck tricks, “packet effects” and even some gaffed card work. Scott and I have similar thinking on magic, hard hitting but not hard on the knuckles. The text is clear and the photos are easy to understand.

BOXING A JOKER – The spectators signed cards ends up inside of the card box even though you visually placed the joker there a moment earlier.

*Very interesting method. You do in fact clearly show a joker going into the card case and a moment later the signed selection appears in the box and is handed out.

OPEN FLIPPIN’ PREDICTION – Scott take on Paul Curry open prediction plot. A shuffled deck is handed to the spectator. The magician states out loud a prediction of a card. The spectators deal the cards until they feel the urge to stop. The next card is turned over and proves to be the prediction card.

*I have read countless renditions of the open prediction plot but they either required a gaff or some awkward movement which prevented me from performing them. With Scott’s routine the deck can be borrowed and shuffled. The magicians give the deck one more shuffle and the deck is set. I love shuffled deck tricks and I definitely will perform this trick in the near future.

A COUPLE OF BANDITS – A spectator chooses and signs a card. The magician wraps the deck with a rubber band and the spectator’s finger is placed on top. Once she lifts her fingers the selected cards pops out face up and now has a different color back.

*Growing up, the rubber band pop out was one of the first tricks I learned and it killed. I stopped doing it over the years but I think I will start again. I really enjoyed Scott’s thinking on using the move to find 3 selections.

RANSOMED BACK – A card is selected and lost in the deck. The magician removes 3 cards he thinks is the selection. He then shows all three are the selection, and then are 3 cards have only backs, and then they completely changed to a different card. The selection is proved to have vanished from the deck as well. One snap of the fingers and the card reappears face up in the middle of the deck.

*I can see myself doing this routine in the future. It does use one gaff card which can easily be added in but I feel the gaff is justified since it adds to the fairness of the routine. I really enjoyed the thinking on this routine and see the immediately possibility as a walk around routine.

There are several great routines I did not cover but I would recommend this E-Book to people of all skill levels but preferably with some basic card handling ability. Scotts goes over several utility moves that all magicians should have in their arsenal. Also, Scotts take on “Out of World” is very nice indeed.

It can be found at http://www.scottfguinn.com or http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com and retails for $22.50

Ryan Schlutz
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
6586 Posts

Thanks Ryan! I'm glad you found some stuff you like. the first two routines you mentioned have been real workhorses for me, but I think most folks overlooked them in my early books. They are very simple and direct, but they play VERY well for me.
My Lybrary Page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » My Best to You: CARDS - Scott F. Guinn (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL