The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ray Kosby's Impossible Card Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
876 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
If you are prepared to put in the practice to achieve the necessary skill level, it's an inspiring video containing plenty of incredible magic that will wow and delight and entertain laymen.

If you're not, then it's worth seeing just because the content is so stunning, but you'll never use it or do any of the routines, so from that point of view you can probably find better things to spend your $$ on.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Craig Krisulevicz
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
647 Posts

Profile of Craig Krisulevicz
Thanks for all the input. I have my copy of the video on the way as we speak. Haha, I'm looking forward to half a year of Raise Rise practice. Smile
Who is John Galt?
smittymagic
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of smittymagic
I agree with Donovan, There's a reason it's called IMPOSSIBLE card magic.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2003-05-12 16:15, Donovan Deschner wrote:

Don't get me wrong...the time that Ray put in is mind-boggling but I can guarantee that only magicians will appreciate the hard work.

Ist that what most of us here at the Café are helping to achieve? Making magicians better, and turning the hobbiests into Magicians? I will agree he isn't the most enjoyble person to watch, but I have seen a lot of magicians and rays technical skills are up there with the best. Ive wanted to quit with this video over and over, but want to stick at it for self satisfaction. For those of you who bought an Escalator gimmick like me, or wwas thinking of it, sell it or don't buy it. Raise Rise is the slight of hand version, doesn't use the box, and looks better in my eyes. It takes a lot of practice, but its worth it
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1030 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
Although Ray's performance isn't the greatest you will ever witness, his tape is fun to watch. He does some very impressive stuff and it looks smooth. You can tell he is comfortable handling a deck of cards.
ME
JeremiahZuo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of JeremiahZuo
I loved his sandwich routine with the deck. In fact, when a laymen asks me to do an effect and I really don't feel like performing and just want to do one thing. That is it.

For anyone who cites Vernon and his "hide the skill" line I of thinking I usually stop reading the post. "Vernon believed....." Vernon was wrong. Too many people live by his words because he was Vernon. I think Ortiz properly squashed Vernon's flawed philosophy about skill in his essay in the back of Scams and Fantasies.

Donovan,

I completely disagree that spectators don't recognize and appreciate skill or fine routining. That would be lying to yourself. The complete flip side to that is if they believe there is no skill, then simply knowing the secret to them is all there is to the magic. And that diminishes it.

My spectators know I've practised for years, it is easy to see. And they appreciate it, and at the same time are wowed.
Joshua 24:15
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Ray Kosby's Impossible Card Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL