The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Interested in learning more silk magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BudTCB
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of BudTCB
Other than a Silk Fountain and Producing a silk streamer from a Squared circle.. I really don't know any silk magic. I think it is beautiful magic and defenitely get everyones attention. What are some Easy to learn but Effective Silk tricks I should learn?.. any suggestions on what a silk beginner should start with?
Thanks.
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
The Rice books have soooo much stuff ... Do you have these ? If not I suggest that you get them ...they will open your mind to whole new world .
puppeterry
View Profile
Regular user
Sanger, CA
114 Posts

Profile of puppeterry
The first tricks I learned and performed with silks when I started adding magic to my repetoire were vanishing knots, appearing knots, and impossible knots. After a while, I could keep a class of kids quiet for 10-15 minutes at a time, a valuable skill for a substitute teacher.
TV Mc Arthur
The Librician
Fresno (CA) County Public Library
"They don't get better.....just faster."
Lester
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland. U.K
193 Posts

Profile of Lester
Hi Bud,

I thoroughly agree with Cardone. If you can't run to buying the complete Rice Encyclopedia of Silk Magic books, then go for the excellent DVD which is available at a fraction of the cost of the books and also contains the fourth volume.

The Rice Encyclopedia, in my humble opinion, may well be regarded as the authoritative work on silk magic in general. It's an absolute gem!

Best magical wishes,
Lester
BudTCB
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of BudTCB
Thank you very much. I am going to head to call the magic shop and see if they have it in and I'll go pick it up. Thank you very much.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
All 4 volumes available on CD Rom here for $39.95. Hard to beat.

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?hn=1

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Interested in learning more silk magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL