The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Color change - sponge balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Watson
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
67 Posts

Profile of Watson
Pardon what is probably a question that has been asked many times before, but I can't quite find what I'm looking for with the quicksearch.

Could someone please help me locate material on doing color changes with sponge balls? I don't care what kind of format - books, e-downloads, dvds - whatever.

I'd like one decent resource to get started and maybe a second or third possibility to build on.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Matt H.
The Celtic Conjurer - Insperata Floruit!
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
Royal Magic-25 Amazing Tricks with a Sponge Ball. Any magic shop will have this. This is a simple cheap intro to sponge ball magic and has a color change routine in it. I have the book and DVD I can let go of. If you are interested PM me.
MMAgicMan
View Profile
New user
Fairfax, VA
84 Posts

Profile of MMAgicMan
If you become familiar with a basic spellbound routine, you can apply some of the moves to sponge balls. The original spellbound from Dai Vernon can be found in The Stars of Magic.
Dalton Jones
ShawnB
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of ShawnB
You could get McBrides Manipulation set.. The moves are for manipulation balls but could be adapted to sponges in some cases.

Shawn
Shawn.
DonHarlan
View Profile
Loyal user
Richmond, VA
297 Posts

Profile of DonHarlan
Check into the Sanada Gimmick. It might give you a starting point.
“Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.”-Tom Robbins
<BR>
<BR>“One man's "magic" is another man's engineering".-Robert A. Heinlein
Watson
View Profile
New user
North Carolina
67 Posts

Profile of Watson
Thanks guys, appreciate the suggestions.

Matt H.
The Celtic Conjurer - Insperata Floruit!
ekins
View Profile
Elite user
Portland, Oregon
471 Posts

Profile of ekins
Try and take a look at some of Jay Scott Berry's work.

-Brian
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
In my routine there is an early stage where I do a continuous production. As I produce a new yellow sponge ball in the right, my left hand comes out from the pocket with a palmed red sponge ball. Then as the right hand yellow sponge is passed to the left hand the right steals the red ball. Then the yellow ball is clearly placed in the pocket... and the red ball is produced as another red ball comes out palmed in the lef to continue the continuous production with the red ball. It's not a color change in itself but the color of the balls are changing in the middle of the routine.
If you want an actual color change search in the billiard balls routines you will find a wider choice of moves (which are easier ot perform with sponge balls) than in sponge balls books.
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Irfaan
View Profile
New user
South Africa
56 Posts

Profile of Irfaan
Harry Lorayne's Apocalypse, Vol 4 (I'm 95% certain it's volume four - when I get home I'll check) has a color changing sponge ball routine.

I'm not sure which issue it's in because I bought the bound volumes (what a treasure!!)
I Believe
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Color change - sponge balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL