The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » 21st century rattle box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Is anyone familar with the 21st century rattle box? It appears smaller than most normal rattle boxes. The rattle mechanism is supposed to be different. The cost is $75 for the box. Does anyone have or know of this rattle box. Any information would be appreaciated.

Rick
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
Where does one find this, Rick?

Geoffrey
"I suggest you watch very carefully..."
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Hi Geoffrey, I saw it at http://www.martinsmagic.com! It looks interesting, take a look let me know what you think.

Rick
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Just type in rattle box and scroll down to the 21st century rattle box!

Rick
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
From Andy martin's site, there is this link to the supplier: http://www.atlantismagic.com/catalog/ite......0252.htm

The reviews are really good.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
Hi Rick,

I checked it out...it looks great for small objects, all right.

Thanks for the direct link, Michael. Btw, I am regularly using your beautiful oriental watch (rattle) box. It's great for disappearing a watch (of course!) and the sound is loud and authentic.

Geoffrey
"I suggest you watch very carefully..."
François
View Profile
New user
France
62 Posts

Profile of François
Hello Gentlemen, hello Geoffrey,

This rattle box is crafted by my friend Craig Brooks, and honestly, this is a great one.
it holds without trouble a morgan dollar and the principle is totally deceptive and new. It works like in a dream.
Craig has really improved the Old rattle Box trick with his new version.
The crafting is done with a great care, and this is an item of quality and a great magic weapon.

Thank you for reading me Gentlemen.
François
tstark
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
267 Posts

Profile of tstark
Hello Rick. My name is Craig Brooks and I am the developer of the 21st Century Rattlebox. Yes the box is small which is a reason I developed it (the other being that it is one of the best complete vanishes of a marked coin for appearance elsewhere), and the method for the rattle was borne out of necessity in order to create the smaller version. Historically the larger boxes were made large due to the method used to create the noise, but it always seemed odd to put a small object like a coin or ring into such a large box. The theory behind this classic is sound (pun intended) and it was only left to decrease the size. I do like the rattle method I created (it is self contained) but the actual reason for creating the box was to decrease the size. It is made of Zebrawood and Brazilian Cherry and its size is 2 3/4" x 2 1/4" x 3/4". It resets easily and the mechanism is not activated by simply pressing on a side. I do not advertise heavily at present and the box can only be found at Andy Martin's site and mine (atlantismagic.com). I want to thank my friend Francois for his kind words above and Andy Martin for thinking enough of the box to put it in his site.
François
View Profile
New user
France
62 Posts

Profile of François
Hi Craig !

Great to see you here ! My words about this rattle box are just the truth.
This is avery nice prop, and a very effective one.
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
Hi Craig, I just ordered your 21st century rattle box! I will give a review after I receive it. I really like the idea that your rattle box is much smaller than most rattle boxes, which are too big for a coin or ring.

Rick
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
I received the 21st Century Rattlebox I ordered from Craig Brooks at atlantismagic.com. The size of the box is perfect, no more oversized box to put a coin into. As for the rattle gimmick, its self contained and if necessary you can very confidently hand out the box for examination. No way it will be discovered! I believe these boxes are built after you order it, so it will take a week or so for delivery. The price of the box is on the high end but it usually costs more for the best, which I believe this box is. The bottom line is, if you want a rattlebox that really fits and works perfectly. This is the one!

Rick
dmm
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of dmm
I thought I would jump in here to post my review of this, as I just picked this up!

I have been searching for a rattle box for quite some time for a new routine I have been working on. I found out that these are hard to find, at least ones that looks good and actually functions how I needed it to!

I came across the 21st Century Rattle Box, and emailed Atlantis Magic (Craig) to see if his box would work for me! First let me say that I really believe customer service is slowly dying. However Craig was extremely quick to get back to me and was VERY knowledgeable when it came to rattle boxes...it was apparent he did his homework before putting this out!

I took the plunge and received the box last week. This is truly an AMAZING utility device that I am kicking myself for not purchasing a while ago!
-First the construction is quality with really nice woods that are used, and the box is not "overly done". It just looks simple and not like a magic prop!
-The methodology behind the gimmick is brilliant, and does not rely on the pressure system as other boxes do, you can actually hand this to a spectator (with good mang. skills) and they can hear the rattle within the box as it is in their own hand!
-Finally, I really think the size is just right (which was also a concern of mine) it will hold a dollar size coin and a decent size ring/key!

So here's the deal: If you are looking for a rattle box at all, you really need to pick this up. If you work with rings, coins, or keys, this is a utility device you WILL use at some point, but most likely immediately!

This does not come from any fancy site or builder, but rather a guy who had a passion for rattle boxes, magic, and quality! Thanks Craig, I LOVE my box!

-Daniel Martin

$75 plus shipping
http://www.atlantismagic.com/catalog/ite......0252.htm
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Back in the early 1980's Norm Nielsen had his 1st magic offerings in Wisconsin, he made some very interesting box magic. One of his items was a rattle box that could be handed out for examination. His model could be only rattled one time before it needed to be reset privately away from the audience.

It also was smaller then imported German models of the time. This looks as maybe the same thing was re-discovered by Atlantis Magic. I only post this as a reference to history, not meaning to imply anything negative of the current model. I have contacted Norm Nielsen, a few years ago, about whether he would ever make any of his previous props and he said he had no intention to do so now or in the future.

It is nice such a model is back on the market as it is an important improvement to the old classic version always being offered.
tstark
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
267 Posts

Profile of tstark
Thank you dmm for the kind words and I am very happy to hear that it will work for you. The boxes were the work of a couple of years of development and I have been very pleased with the final result. I will be responding to your email but I wanted to post an official thank you in here. Keep in touch and let me know what you come up with for the Rattlebox and Mystic Ice.

To wmhegbli, mine was a from scratch development and the only rattleboxes I had ever seen were recently (within the past few years) and all operated similarly to each other. I would be interested to know what methodology Norm Nielsen had come up with but mine was developed independently and I have not seen or heard of his boxes before reading your post above. I have sent you a PM and would love to here from you as well.
Rick11
View Profile
Loyal user
298 Posts

Profile of Rick11
I've owned this box for nearly a year and have used it several times as a utility for different effects. It handles and works perfectly every time! No one has asked to inspect the box, but its nice to know it could be handed out with confidence. Thanks again Craig!

Rick
tstark
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
267 Posts

Profile of tstark
Thank you Rick and good to hear from you again. I sent you a PM.
Docc Spurlock
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago & Arizona
165 Posts

Profile of Docc Spurlock
The 21st century box is currently not available. My friend Larry from Arizona has one and say's it's great. Craig, when will these be available again? I haven't talked to you for a long time. The last time was when I bought the wooden Geini Rope in Bottle..
Bob
"CREATOR OF THE FLOATING FLAME TO DOVE"

If you are always looking back you can't see what's in front of you so when you bump your head again you have no one to blame but yourself!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I just got one of these boxes, it's awesome!
Craig, nice work!
tstark
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
267 Posts

Profile of tstark
Yes spurlock the boxes are available. There was a glitch in my site that I was not aware of and the boxes were not showing up in the gift shop. Thank you so much dooblehorn and enjoy the box.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Will it work with a ring?
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » 21st century rattle box (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL