The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Possible routine for the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
I have found a possible way to do the story of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ using so called "black magic". The method is posted in the proper area of the Banquet Hall. For those of you with 50+ posts, I'd love to hear your thoughts.
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
jbguy
View Profile
New user
Vacaville, CA
55 Posts

Profile of jbguy
Hey Dragona:

I didn't see a post about this anywhere in the Banquet section. It sounds intriguing...

JBGuy
lhughes
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
151 Posts

Profile of lhughes
Look forward to reading it.
Sleightly yours,
Lorne
jbguy
View Profile
New user
Vacaville, CA
55 Posts

Profile of jbguy
Oh, well I had already read that. I guess I was looking for a topic that said something to the effect of Jesus Christ. Sounds interesting...

JBGuy
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1605 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
It's a little late for this year, but for those who are looking for effects to use for Easter, my favorite is Squash (from Abbott's catalog).

The effect is where you place a shot glass of water on your outstretched hand, place the other hand over it (I used a black cloth to symbolize the large stone covering the tomb entrance -- also gave me better cover), remove the upper hand/cloth, and the glass is vanished.

When I used this in conjunction with the story of the resurrection, it went over very well. One of my board members (I was the Pastor at the time), was after me for years to tell him how I did it.

Brian
wassabi_87
View Profile
Loyal user
moscow, idaho
226 Posts

Profile of wassabi_87
what do you guys think of fitting the death and resurection of Christ into an ambitious card routine?
bike during the day,
do magic at night,
and very early the next morning,
homework.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
The ambitious card routine for Christ's Resurrection might be appearing a bit too many times, or not... If you only do three.

He came as baby, he was resurected, and He will come again.

That would work well, but I like the ambitious card revealed a few more times, and so I guess I would use it as an illustration of our Sin nature. We put it away, and it keeps coming back..... again and again. Until we are one with Him, and then the ambitious card is gone. Vanished by your favorite means.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
melvinchia
View Profile
New user
Singapore
1 Post

Profile of melvinchia
The "He Is Risen" trick from Daytona Magic Click Here! also demonstrates death and ressurection of Jesus.

I've bought the trick, but have gotten bored of the "recommended" presentation... Anyone have any fresh ideas of how to present it? Smile
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
He is risen is a great trick! What sells it is the storytelling. It is not mind boggling magic, but I have seen it have a very powerful effect on an audience.
I did it once at a drug treatment centre where I was doing chapel and had a huge reaction!
Be excited about the story!
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1649 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Just thought a nice routine for death and resurrection of Jesus Christ .

What you need,

A Tarbell cone ,

Two duplicate king of hearts , One king has a picture of Jesus stuck at the back .

Setup : Place the "Jesus Backed" king inside the tarbel cone in such a way that when you open up the cone the king of hearts faces the spectators .

Working of the trick .

Show the king of hearts as Jesus Christ and tear it up into little bits showing death of Christ , place all the
Torn up pieces into the Tarbell cone (shroud of Jesus )

Open up the cone and show the king of hears restored
(resurrection of Jesus )

As a climax turn the card over and show it to be the real king
“ The King of Kings ”

The routine is very simple but works very good as you show picture of Jesus at the end of the trick.

T.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Possible routine for the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL