The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Patriotic Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dmueller
View Profile
Loyal user
Central Illinois
227 Posts

Profile of dmueller
I have an opportunity to spend a good deal of time with some veterans. Due to the fact that one of them is my future father in law (who loves magic) the fact that I have been learning magic is bound to come up. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for a few effects that could be modified to have a patriotic theme. Preferably without a HUGE investment in gaffs and such.

I have already come up with and am in development of a vanish and return of a red white and blue silk. I could just use a flag but I have to much respect for the stars and bars to wad it up and cram it into a TT. I have a pretty good patter to go along with it. Anybody who is interested PM me and I will share as soon as I have all the details worked out.
tank5030
View Profile
Regular user
Portsmouth, VA
151 Posts

Profile of tank5030
Duane Laflin sells a mini flag blendo that you could use.

Check his site at http://www.lockfamilymagic.com
http://www.lockfamilymagic.com/public/Vi......prID=482

Its even on sale right now.
dmueller
View Profile
Loyal user
Central Illinois
227 Posts

Profile of dmueller
I really appreciate the response Tank, but I know these guys. Using any type of real flag wouldn't go over well. that's why I am using a red white and blue silk instead of a mini flag. Actually part of my patter is going to be about using the rew white and blue instead of an actual flag. We are talking a bunch of WWII/Korea/Vietnam era Marines. And a bunch of guys I have to deal with on a regular basis. And if I play my cards right this could open some doors for me down the line. Not right now, but in the future
SilentTuba
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
65 Posts

Profile of SilentTuba
Quote:
On 2009-03-04 23:23, dmueller wrote:
I have already come up with and am in development of a vanish and return of a red white and blue silk. I could just use a flag but I have to much respect for the stars and bars to wad it up and cram it into a TT.

I'm pretty sure you mean the Stars and Stripes, correct??? I only bring it up, because the "stars and bars" is typically used to refer to the Confederate Flag, and I don't think that's what you intend, either...

Getting back to topic...I know you don't want to use a real flag, but perhaps a change bag routine, where red, white, and blue silks, go into the bag, and after the veterans recite the pledge of allegiance (or, song a few bars of the national anthem), a flag comes out of the bag??? That might be tasteful enough to work. You could also do a production of a Marine Corp flag. They'd probably get a kick out of that.
"Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid." -Frank Zappa
dmueller
View Profile
Loyal user
Central Illinois
227 Posts

Profile of dmueller
OOOOOH. I like it I like it. And yes as a matter of fact I did mean Stars and Stripes. Thank you. I don't see an edit button or I would fix it.
skillzilla
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of skillzilla
Malini did a effect in which a hancerchief turned into the american flag
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Coin tricks with WWII period coins (Walking Liberty 1/2's, Peace silver dollars, ETC) with patter lines about "Liberty".

Patriotic AND nostalgic!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
Produce a dove and call it an eagle... Smile ..
There are military challenge coins available, and you can do a matrix routine
with them...and end with a jumbo coin...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Patriotic Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL