The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » What if Jeff McBride was a pro wrestler? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
"I did not go to his wedding, but a friend who did told me that at the reception Del did a ballroom dance routine with a lady dancer that was incredible."

That's charming! I wonder how his bride felt about that

"Sorry love, I've planned an amazing routine for the first dance but you've got two left feet and would only mess it up. Meet Juanita, she's classically trained and better looking than you as well."
Miraclemakers
View Profile
Special user
INA
685 Posts

Profile of Miraclemakers
Hahahahaha...That was funny...
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Maybe soon we'll see other magician inspired wrestlers. Like a Siegfried & Roy tag team, or a Copperfield who flies to escape his opponent, or an Angel who beats his advesaries with camera tricks.
Eddie Torres
View Profile
Special user
New York City
692 Posts

Profile of Eddie Torres
There used to be a wrestler for the WCW, I believe he had a gambler gimmick. In any case, he would come on and do several card flourishes before he wrestled, just didn't work that well. I believe Billy Kidman also used to do a lot of close-up magic, but he kept it out of the ring. I once wanted to give something like that a shot, I went to wrestling school for quite a bit of time too. It's a gimmick that'd be very difficult to make work. I'm gonna kick your *** and then show you a card trick... not really.
Eddie Ivan Torres
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Gee, now I get it, wrestling has set up gags and moves and maybe even a script?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Yep Pete. But most magicians could take lessons from pro wrestlers on how to use all those things properly.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
We can learn a lot from the wrestling performances. Take a look at how each wrestlers take their entrance and how the audiences welcome them. Each of them has exclusive and unique billings/stage characters and their costumes speaks for them. To the wrestlers its not fighting but rather SHOW-TIME and how they win the audiences with all kinds of gimmicks.

I have been following the program for many years. Have also noticed how the pros make their come-back with a different character. There's so much to learn from them.
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
I agree. Is there a reason people with their own theme music, gimmicks, and characters are more popular than most magicians?

Probably.
Official Thread Killer
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » What if Jeff McBride was a pro wrestler? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL