The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Penguin Magic (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Kbuck54
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of Kbuck54
I don't like Steven's Emporiums new wb site at all. Hard to search.
SHAZAM!
hdejong
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of hdejong
+ 1 for fantastic customer service from penguin.
Thorn
View Profile
New user
United States Virgin Islands
66 Posts

Profile of Thorn
Penguin Magic is my number 1 stop and shop place . you can't ask for better customer service anywhere .
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I want to retract my earlier statement about Penguin shooting thenself in the foot. It was hasty on my part, and I hereby voluntarily eat humble pie. Hey. I was wrong.

Now in response to your post, I can only heartily endorse what you just said with the utmost of enthusiasm. Penguin rules! Their customer service is sterling; nonpariel. In a my life of purchasing magic, (decades worth of money spent) I have never, never, NEVER been treated so good by a magic dealer. Penguin has a way of making you feel like a king.

Long live Penguin magic, and may they prosper and flourish for decades to come!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
MScapes
View Profile
New user
New Brunswick, Canada
56 Posts

Profile of MScapes
Love Penguin. I almost get more excited anticipating the video of them packing your order than the anticipation of it arriving.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Yeah, isn't that splendid? They actually show the "magic hands" packing your order. It always whets my appetite for my coming magic and gets me excited to see that it "exists" out there in Penguin land and is on it's way to my mailbox.

To my knowledge, they are the only company that does that.
somethingupmysleeve
View Profile
New user
London, UK
73 Posts

Profile of somethingupmysleeve
I've looked at various on-line stores, and my current choice is Penguin. They seem to have a large collection, and I like that reviews are included. I also find the prices reasonable - free flat-pack shipping to the UK is very helpful. And yes - the 'magic hands' packing is a funny bonus!

Jon
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
And they include the NEGATIVE reviews as well as the positive ones. Heck, I've written a few myself.
med_doc7
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of med_doc7
I've always been so pleased with Penguin magic. They have outstanding, honest and ethical customer service. I really appreciate that you instantly know if a product is in stock or not; in fact, they do not let you order a product if it is not currently in stock-save for preorders. Their prices are fair and the review function is very helpful.

Other than ordering directly from the creator/manufacturer at times, they are an outstanding place to buy magic.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Have you noticed that (not just here on the Café), reviews of Penguin are CONSISTENTLY positive?

The same things are common to reviews of Penguin: Great customer service, fair prices, speedy shipping, etc. When you put it all together (reviews on this and other sites) you get a CONSENSUS, and the overall consensus is very positive.

Of course, you are going to run into an occasional grumbler, but that's life. Some people come out of the womb complaining. But overall, you don't hear negative junk about Penguin. They have a sterling reputation, and they've earned it.
somethingupmysleeve
View Profile
New user
London, UK
73 Posts

Profile of somethingupmysleeve
Yes, agreed - negative reviews (or even 3 or 4 out of 5 stars) gives good balance. Combined with the discussion/reviews on this forum makes me feel like I know what I'm getting!

Quote:
On Jan 2, 2015, daffydoug wrote:
And they include the NEGATIVE reviews as well as the positive ones. Heck, I've written a few myself.
med_doc7
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of med_doc7
Quote:
On Jan 3, 2015, daffydoug wrote:
Have you noticed that (not just here on the Café), reviews of Penguin are CONSISTENTLY positive?

The same things are common to reviews of Penguin: Great customer service, fair prices, speedy shipping, etc. When you put it all together (reviews on this and other sites) you get a CONSENSUS, and the overall consensus is very positive.

Of course, you are going to run into an occasional grumbler, but that's life. Some people come out of the womb complaining. But overall, you don't hear negative junk about Penguin. They have a sterling reputation, and they've earned it.

Totally agree with you.

When a business is devoted to its customers, offers fair prices, is honest and ethical, and goes the extra mile to ensure a happy and satisfied customer-they will win everytime. This is what the most successful companies do (not just magic) and therefore, Penguin has succeeded in being the go to magic supplier with a superior reputation for a reason.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
It's tha golden rule. and they are applying it, and it's working for them like ..like, um. well uh, like MAGC?
med_doc7
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of med_doc7
I'll also mention that I am impressed with the quality of their download engine and the ease of viewing an online video once purchased. You can watch it from any portable device and don't even necessarily have to download it. Another way they are above and beyond the rest of the pack.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Absolutely! I only have my I-phone for internet. No home p.c. With Penguin I can watch ALL my purchases without a hitch. I wish I could say the same for another dealer who shall remain nameless, but starts with an E. (Nuff said). Anyway, I purchased a download there and two or three years later I STILL can't watch what I payed for. I went round and round with customer service, but the bottom line is are you gong to rip me off or not? If I can't view what I bought, then no matter what you say, I feel ripped off. So, E., I've given my dollars to Penguin ever since.

Talk is cheap. I suggested strongly that they follow Penguin's example on downloads, but they must think I'm stupid. Must think their way is better.
med_doc7
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of med_doc7
Been burned by E before several years ago myself. Not a fan of their customer service or their prices to be honest. Haven't given them any dollars since then. Penguin is main source or direct from the creator/manufacturer. Penguin gets it and understands the concept of a happy customer means repeat business.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Yeah. It's such a simple concept. You'd think all other dealers would catch on. Of course the Elf learned his lesson the HARD way. Perhaps Bubba "pounded" the lesson home to him. (Not the same E., btw).
momomagic
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of momomagic
Old thread, but Penguin is still working hard to keep our business. Really appreciate the focus on the customer experience.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Y.W.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Quote:
On May 3, 2018, momomagic wrote:
Old thread, but Penguin is still working hard to keep our business. Really appreciate the focus on the customer experience.

Yes, an old thread , but I want to take this opportunity to say that over the years I've been so impressed with the customer service at Penguin Magic.
I wasn't a fan at first , but they won me over with the great prices, fast shipping , excellent customer service.

The latest example: I ordered the Linking Rubber Bands by Henry Evans . That effect is great , but if you've got the Henry Evans DVDs from L&L or his Penguin Live lecture you know that the gimmick which comes with his Linking Rubber Bands can be used for several other effects . When the Linking Rubber Bands arrived the gimmick was broken, cracked in two. I contacted Penguin customer service and they immediately shipped me a replacement, no haggling , they didn't even ask me to return the broken gimmick so I didn't have to trek down to the post office to send it to them (I had emailed them a photo of the cracked gimmick to show what it looked liked when it arrived) .

I've found that arranging returns/exchanges/refunds with many other dealers is often a major hassle, so this is the kind of thing that keeps me going back to Penguin.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » From Soup to Nuts » » Penguin Magic (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL