The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Kif Anderson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Dear Brothers & Sisters,

Like you, I read of the health challenges facing Kif Anderson, of Oz & Wilde in the latest edition of "Christian Conjurer." I have benefited greatly from the instruction both professionally and spirtually from this servant of Christ, even though I have never met him. I would ask that you would take a moment immediately after reading this post to lift up a prayer for our brother. I'm sure you, like I, have experienced someone close who has confronted this type of situation. Please remember both Kif and Gene and the families and those close to Kif in your petitions to God.

Steve
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
Steve -
I just read this news as well.

Kif - We are praying for you!

I had the priviledge of meeting Kif & Gene the International Convention in Marion in '07. Great brothers!

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Kif;
The prayer chain for you is growing.
By His wounds we ARE healed, and in Jesus' name I claim healing for you, brother.

We can't afford to have you out of action for too long, the fields are ripe for harvest!

Comfort and blessings to you and your family,
Doug
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
Kif,
I have put you on my prayer list as well. Pretty soon you'll have everyone here praying for you, which is a lot of people! Hope you get better quickly, and are back in the field!

God Bless you,
Collin
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
Thank you all for your prayers. This certainly isn't the way I saw this year starting off. I want you all to know that while I have many folks praying for me to heal, that has never been my prayer. My prayer is that I be a good witness through this. That folks never see my faith waiver. That no matter what I know God is doing this for a reason.
I'm blessed to be part of an organization like FCM. Many of my dearest friends I've met through this fellowship. My family has been great and I have a wife, Patricia who is so supportive. Also a job that says, "Do what you need to do, your health is most important to us." So I know I'm blessed.
Thank you Steve for starting this, Phill, Doug, and Danton for your comments, and all those who are praying. It is great comfort to know you are out there doing that.
><> J
Kif
We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels made for sharing. - Billy Graham
<BR>
<BR>Sharing the gospel with Comedy & Illusion www.ozandwilde.com
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
This needed a bump.
Kif's humility and commitment to the Lord's service still shine - even through this dark period.

We serve a God of miracles and I learned some time ago not to limit God by praying for less than what He can and will accomplish.

So I ask all the brothers and sisters to keep Kif and your family in your prayers and ask for complete healing for Kif as well as for strength and endurance so he can continue to run the race that he has already won.

Blessings to all,
Doug
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
UPDATE

Thank you for your prayers. This year started off with my learning I had prostate cancer and it had already spread beyond my prostate. Being only 47 at the time (birthday was in April) it was something that normally wouldn't even be checked. However, my doctor decided to do a PSA test a couple of years early. The test came back 97.64 which is only about 40 times higher than it should be. Treatments began as soon as they determined my body could handle it and now three months later, I was so very blessed to hear the PSA score had dropped to 2.50. My doctors want it even lower, but it is very positive results so far.

I know many have prayed for this and I truly appreciate this. My doctor basically said, "You will die someday, but likely not because of this. More than likely it will be from old age."

Through this all I have never prayed to be cured, but to be a good witness through this. I continue to ask for that prayer as well.

God's blessing to you all
Thank you so much for lifting me up to Him
We are not cisterns made for hoarding, we are channels made for sharing. - Billy Graham
<BR>
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
That is WONDERFUL news and Praise the Lord! Thanks so much for the update, your ongoing patient service to The Magic Café and the FCM is very much appreciated! Roger
pastorclyde
View Profile
Special user
576 Posts

Profile of pastorclyde
Praise the Lord! The news sounds great. May HE carry you through the days ahead as we continue to pray for you!

Clyde
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
Praise God for the touch He has given His servant. I am at once overjoyed in seeing His movement, and ashamed at the way in which I have reacted to adversity. Thank you for your example, Kif. I will continue to pray that He continue His blessings upon you.

Steve
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
Kif -

Thank you for sharing this update. Your heart's desire to be a witness in adversity is an encouragement to us!

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Praise be to God and God's gift of modern medicine as well as Men and Women who have dedicated their lives to healing others.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Kif;
Thank you for sharing the wonderful news. Even though you did not pray for physical healing for yourself, many did on your behalf.

I give thanks and praise to the Lord for this healing, and thank you for your example of faith during adversity.

Doug
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
Update...two years later
Well...I've been under treatment for the last two years for prostate cancer, which for those that don't know, among other things it attacks your bones. In Feb of 2009, they did a bone scan and found numerous place throughout my body where bone decay was taking place. This week, they ran another bone scan...and the doctor said he couldn't find any decay. Which means, not only has the cancer been slowed down, (I'll always have it), but my body (at least my bones) have restored themselves. Admittedly that is a very simplistic explanation, but bottom line, things really seem to have turned around. I appreciate the concerns and prayers of all of you in this electronic community over these last two years.
All praise to Him!
><> J
Kif
<BR>
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Fantastic news! The Lord bless you and keep you! "Things have really turned around"- best news I have heard all week on The Magic Café' - thanks for the update- it too keeps us fellow FCMers from worrying/wondering about it- in the back of our minds for sure all along. Just great news and I am so very happy for you. I did "the scope" this past Monday (and it was not in Colon, Michigan, but very similar)- am always relieved when the test comes back negative. Can't recommend enough early testing- I have no idea how prostate cancer shows up other than there are some early "markers"/levels in routine blood tests which can tip off a doctor to do more checking around. Congrats Kif- a green light to keep supplying us FCMers with leadership, routines, and podcasts! Smile We appreciate your dedication!

Just another health sidebar: MagicBob is leaving for Africa this Saturday for a month of Gospel magic shows- yet he has been in the hospital in Grand Rapids since last Friday with the recurring medical problem he picked up in India several years ago (and had the night before he was on the 2010 FCM evening show). So please pray for MagicBob's health to improve and SuZie as well as they are still planning to leave on this long planned outreach missions trip in a few days. That's dedication II!

Roger from "everything is closed down" (even WMU)in snowy Kalamazoo
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
Roger,

I hope the storms will soon pass.

><> J
<BR>
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2869 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Thanks Kif! It is truly amazing around here- snowplow city. Today we're as good as new travelwise although the high schools and grade schools still closed. Keep up the good work. I decided today to spray paint my wooden "Vanishing Area Paradox" trick (rather than stain it)- you'll see it on our next made for cable tv program. See the excellent "Magic Beans" column in the January/February 2007 issue of The Christian Conjurer-my wood set is 14 inches wide. Very odd optical illusion/math effect- I still don't understand quite really how it works- it just does. Neato! You may have seen Mac King and Penn and Teller last night on tv in the science special- pretty cool how they explained how one's mind picks up perceived movement even though no movement has actually taken place. So your mind believes you see Mac King throwing the coin from one hand to the other- even thinking you see the "flash" of the coin!- even though he actually just palmed it. They said it was so the mind will protect our body from an oncoming flying object (such as a spear). Weird, weird, weird.
MLDupree
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of MLDupree
Great news thank you for the great work you do - I am a big fan of the Christian Magician Podcast. Thank you for your work.
Kif Anderson
View Profile
FCM forum Staff
1961 - 2012
386 Posts

Profile of Kif Anderson
Quote:
On 2011-03-07 16:59, MLDupree wrote:
...I am a big fan of the Christian Magician Podcast.

Glad you enjoy the podcast. It is always good to hear people are listening. Have to tell you, it was great to have it to do when I was going through the health issues. Helped keep my focus on serving and not on my problems.

Thanks for the post. (next podcast should be up this weekend)
<BR>
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Fellowship of Christian Magicians! » » Kif Anderson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL