The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Subliminal Squares-Dr. Bill's newest! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quick note, Dr. Bill's newest e-book Subliminal Squares is now available at a pre-order discount on the Outlaw e-book menu.

Bill has some super cool square work, with contributions from some of the squarest minds around!

If you're a cool dude that likes squares, or a square dude that wants to be cool, than this is the book for you.

Rick
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Remember, when you get to the Outlaw-effects.com front page, go to the Arsenal button up top. Press the button and a window drops down offering several choices, most importantly for our purposes, ebooks, ultimately directing you to "Subliminal Squares” the first option. And hey, who is that nerdy looking character in front of the square? Luke! That wouldn’t be you would it?

My latest version has been going around the world, an effect with no name. From this point on, it will be dubbed....”Subliminally Squared.”. As pointed out in the ad on the Outlaw site, Subliminally Squared is the love child of Subliminal Square, my first foray into this theme published in Banchek's “Psychological Subtleties 2”and Sublime Subliminal Square, published in "The Fource."

“Subliminally Squared” blends the best of both into what Steve Pellegrino called "Dr. Bill's latest and greatest." No props, no secret writing and no math under pressure. Significant improvements indeed.

For those who have never encountered my subliminal theme as applied to magic squares, the basic effect is after talking about subliminal influence a magic square is quickly flashed in front of a guest. The guest is asked to name a number and the square is shown to add up to the chosen number in every row, column, diagonal and much, much more for a total of over 20 variations. The square can be left with the guest to discover additional combinations.

Contributors include Greg Arce, Joshua Quinn, Rich Hennessey, Steve Pellegrino and Todd Landman. They generously tip versions suitable for close-up, stage and walk around performances. We are talking top-notch methods by A list performers that could have easily spawned an ebook of their own.

A folder full of surprises is also included. Within this folder are templates allowing the performer to personalize their version whether it is their contact information on the back of a business card to providing information pertinent for a corporate gig. Power Point Templates are included as is a more generic "testing Kit" version that can easily be carried in your wallet always ready to subliminally implant a number in the mind of an unsuspecting guest. Within minutes of selecting and learning the method that best suits your needs you can be off and running to your printer to tailor your cards to your persona and performance requirements.
Sid Helkule
View Profile
Inner circle
Australia
1481 Posts

Profile of Sid Helkule
Not one of my finer moments Bill...

I never would have performed a magic square routine before (I never felt comfortable with it), but after reading Bill's presentation I'm going to carry this on me at all times. Love it!

Luke
joe161205
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of joe161205
Wow, good news, but before I buy this book, is this the same like in the book the fource? or maybe just a variation? Thanks
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Is the effect a sure thing or 90% etcetera

J
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Dr. Bill's a machine.

"Subliminal Square" was one of my favorite effects in PS2. I am sure his latest work on this must be fantastic. This sounds intriguing.

With regards,

Sean
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
John, ouch! You're bringing back bad memories Smile. Fair enough, though, as is Joe's question, so let me be as clear as I possibly can.

Within my new ebook, “Subliminal Squares” (note the plural), is the original Subliminal Square as published in Banachek's "Psychological Subtleties 2,” Sublime Subliminal Square as published in “The Fource,” and my latest version, Subliminally Squared.

I consider Subliminal Square from “PS2” 100%. I do not consider Sublime Subliminal Square, published in "The Fource," 100%. The latter involves the entire audience and is the kind of effect that doesn’t need, nor would anyone expect, or the premise require, perfect results.

Subliminally Squared, the third major step in the evolution of my subliminal theme approach to the instant magic square is 100%. There, I've said it.

You flash a square to a member of the audience, a number is named and that number is present in all the traditional ways we associate with magic squares. No gimmicked wallet required, no secret writing and no math under pressure. It is easy to do but like any quality mentalism effect, deserves proper attention to presentation to wring every last bit of amazement from your audience’s minds.

Along with the three versions of my original concept as just described, "Subliminal Squares" has incredible contributions from the names mentioned above. It looks like a couple others are going to sneak in before the release as well.

And as you read above and can read more about in the ad, there is a folder full of templates and other goodies to make "Subliminal Squares" as user friendly as possible. This book is a labor of love and if the reception of the original Subliminal Square oh so many years ago is any indication, “Subliminal Squares,” covering every twist and turn since then and then some, will hopefully be a truly valuable asset to the mentalism community.

Rick and Luke, thank you for your incredible support and the conception and exectuion, in that order, of the "square nerd." Sean, as always, thank you for your confidence. Time to go recharge my batteries Smile.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12968 Posts

Profile of John C
Good enough. Where do you live in Florida Bill?

J
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I was hoping that answer would satisfy.

I'm in Pembroke Pines, John. It ias about half way between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Hey Dr.Bill...is it true that the Pembroke Pines city council is considering changeing the name to Pembroke Squares in your honor?

:)
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Hi John,

I take it you are somewhere here in South Florida as well?

As to renaming the city "Pembroke Squares" maybe I can go to a council meeting and subliminally suggest it!

Everything is moving along at full speed. Dr. Todd Landman's PowerPoint presentation "Metaphysical Magic Squares" will please our more esoteric, corporate types and then some.

Besides his one contribution already, Rich Hennessey tells me he has a routine called "Drive In Movie." It doesn't use a magic square but does involve movie theaters and their use of subliminal suggestion.

Since movies using subliminal suggestion is one of the main storylines behind Subliminal Square I find it perfectly fitting. And it is a wonderful effect. Let's put lobbying the city council aside and work on lobbying Rich to contribute "Drive In Movie" to "Subliminal Squares!"

Best,

Bill
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Quote:
On 2009-03-10 01:21, Bill Cushman wrote:

As to renaming the city "Pembroke Squares" maybe I can go to a council meeting and subliminally suggest it!

Everything is moving along at full speed. Dr. Todd Landman's PowerPoint presentation "Metaphysical Magic Squares" will please our more esoteric, corporate types and then some.

Besides his one contribution already, Rich Hennessey tells me he has a routine called "Drive In Movie." It doesn't use a magic square but does involve movie theaters and their use of subliminal suggestion.

Since movies using subliminal suggestion is one of the main storylines behind Subliminal Square I find it perfectly fitting. And it is a wonderful effect. Let's put lobbying the city council aside and work on lobbying Rich to contribute "Drive In Movie" to "Subliminal Squares!"

Best,

Bill

Dr.Bill:First off,thank-you for allowing me to beta test your latest project 'Subliminal Squares' at my restaurant venues.
As I told you privately,my initial presentation of SS's[with the Father and Son duo who are regular guests at my Sunday Restaurant] was a smashing success.I love testing new routines on them,because they react quite honestly.
Since then I have performed it several more times with the same nice results.

'Subliminal Squares' IMO is perfect for Tableside or Strolling Performance,because the amazing properties of Magic Squares can be exploited,and no math is needed except simple addition during the proof stage.
'Subliminal Squares' is also suitable for the fast paced nature of most restaurant venues.

I am also planning on testing SS's at a stand-up show I have coming up.

I have alway's been interested in the Subliminal Advertising concept.That is why I created my 'Drive-In Movie' routine.I have been using DIM at my restaurants,and it alway's pleases,due I believe[at least partially]...to the 'nostalgic' element.
It would be my great pleasure for you to include 'Drive-In Movie' in your e-book.

I have just converted 'Drive-In Movie' from wordpad to a pdf.[first time I ever did a pdf conversion Smile],and I will be sending it to you shortly.Now I am trying to figure out how to add a couple of photo's to the pdf.
If any member can tell me how to add photo's to a pdf.,I would greatly appreciate a PM.Thanks for any help.

Dr.Bill,I look forward to the total and complete 'Subliminal Squares' e-book.I know you have other better known performers contributing material,and it is really an honor for me to be a part of the project.

My best.
Rich
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
If it is currently pre-sale, when it is released?

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
The pre-sale price will continue until next Sunday, 3-15-09, and pre-sale orders will be fulfilled on Monday, 3-16-09.
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I am extending the pre-sale through Friday, March 20th. The usual suspects are operating.

First, the verities of life. Second, more material became available that I just cannot resist. Nor do I believe anyone would want to miss out on these effects.

I hope my reputation for creating and compiling quality material as well as providing prompt service maintains and everyone knows I wouldn’t extend a deadline without good reason and benefit to my customers. There are two new contributions and a piece of my own that I was on the fence about including, as I’ll explain in a bit. I also had to make sure I had all necessary permission in place.

A performer by the name of Mike Ince provided a wonderful multiphase routine that includes some different twists on the subliminal square theme you’ll really like. I appreciate his allowing me to include Apophenial Square especially as we had only recently begun corresponding with one another.

Rich Hennessey has an astounding presentation he uses in his restaurant work, Drive In Movie, that he didn’t think I’d be interested in since it has nothing to do with magic squares. So why am I including an effect that has nothing to do with magic squares in a book devoted to magic squares? I’m glad you asked.

Drive In Movie, along with being highly entertaining and brilliant in execution, is about the theme of movies applying subliminal persuasion to increase concession sales. Given this is the one of the main premises I use to present Subliminal Square in all its forms, it compliments the work perfectly and I feel lucky Rich thought to bring it to my attention and let me include it in “Subliminally Squared,”

My own addition, Crosseyed, also doesn’t exactly use a magic square, hence my uncertainty. It was, however, inspired by what I consider one of the best magic squares I’ve ever used, Chuck Hickok’s Diagonal Magic Square. Not knowing Chuck, I was reluctant to approach him out of the blue. I shouldn’t have been concerned; he didn’t hesitate to give me the green light.

Friend and mentor Millard Longman also provided some mathematical help to increase the ease of use and deceptive nature of Crosseyed. It is deceptively simple to begin with and I think will really appeal to anyone in a situation where they want the impact of a magic square without having the time.

I find it a perfect opener, presented as “mental stretches” to get ready for the harder exercises. A participant from the audience writes down any four one or two digit numbers without your seeing his selections. He hands them to you and without a moment’s hesitation you write down four of your own.

At this point, neither of you knows the total of the others or your own numbers. It happens so quickly, it is also highly unlikely either of you will even remember what you wrote yourself.

And yet the two sets of numbers not only add up to the same total, they correspond perfectly in several other ways, similar to a magic square! I’m probably giving away a few too many clues on this one but I don’t mind. The presentation is so sweet and to the point if you figure it out from what I wrote, consider it a gift.

Either way, people are blown away by the speed and simplicity of Crosseyed and the presentation has a lot going for it. It falls into the theory of performance Chuck Hickok endorses in his great “Mentalism Incorporated” books. That of beginning with a believable premise and building to your more unfathomable effects.

OK, as my wife pointed out (thanks, honey J), I could have just knocked off a section of the book so I’m stopping here. Again, pre-sale ends midnight EST on Friday, March 20th. The ebooks will go out the next day.

Thanks in advance for you understanding and patience. I trust that you will feel well rewarded.
jsjdesign
View Profile
New user
Philadelphia
5 Posts

Profile of jsjdesign
Dr. Bill,

No complaints here, and I certainly understand and appreciate the added work you are putting into this effort. I will continue to anxiously await its arrival.

Thanks,
John
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Ok Bill,

Since it is coming out late...is it still 100%?

;)

Can't wait buddy!

Nathan
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
Funny guy, Nathan Smile! No, now it is 200% rock solid. The participant can make a mistake and doesn't even have to follow instructions. You can totally screw it up and yet somehow it still works out. I've never seen anything like this before.

Will this ever stop haunting me? Actually, once "Subliminal Squares" comes out and conversations turn to what is inside, other matters will fall far to the wayside.

And SS just gets better all the time. The contents of the folder are even more user friendly and flexible.

The contributors have included lots of photos to keep things clear and....well, just wait a few more days and you will all see.
mimo67
View Profile
Veteran user
France
322 Posts

Profile of mimo67
Great, thanks for all this good job, I too can't wait !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
241 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
Hi all

Does anyone know what the price is going to be after the pre-order discount period is over?

Thanks in advance.

Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Subliminal Squares-Dr. Bill's newest! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL