The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Schoolcraft and Lassen (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-03-10 17:31, feher wrote:
Quote:
I think some of you guys are missing the point. I know Todd is a one man show. Do you have any idea how many people probably email him every day? On the other hand, a phone call doesn't have to take very long at all.

Sorry this made me laugh wouldn't a phone call take up more of your time, you can crank through 10 emails for how long one could talk on the phone.
I understand he is only one man, but this is part of his business. Everyday he should at least once go through the emails and answer. OK every other day.
Good news travels fast but bad news travels faster.....
Tim

RIGHT ON BRO! My main point EXACTLY. Email you can do at certain times of day and work the rest of the time. Way more effecient.

John
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Here HERE!!! I'm done waiting!!! There is more than two guys in the world of coins!!!

Zaprig1

New user

56 Posts Posted: Mar 10, 2009 7:40pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alright kids...here's your report:

I just got my coins a few hours ago and couldn't put them down. Fantastic work from Roy! I'll put it this way, I have a 16 year old flipper from a well known company (NOT one you'd expect) that was proving a point to get big back then. The cuts were always better than what I'd seen since in a flipper........that is until now! I can spot a flipper from 6 feet away (usually), and I couldn't perform with this in a matching year set in my OWN hands! I kept getting fooled by the flipper and tossing the wrong coin! Unreal! 20/20 vision till now at least (they say it's the first to go ya know). Good work all around. I'm kinda selfish, so your lucky I'm spilling the goods here, but don't be afraid to call Roy if you'rer tired of waiting for people to return business due to your fear of inferior quality from that guy! An artist in his own true right! Cheers to ya Roy!

Good luck fellow palmers!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
JB magic has some excellent quality coins at pretty good prices made a guy who knows what he's doing. Might be a good alternative for some of the less patient or less wealthy among us.

I've heard Tango's work has improved dramatically lately. I don't have any of their stuff, so I can't say first-hand. I've always been pleased with Johnson Products. But if you want custom, you've gotta pay more and wait longer for custom...
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
I wrote Todd on 3/5/09 and I just got a response today. So I guess he is very busy.

Jeremy
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
I wrote to both Scholcraft and Lassen and got responses the next day lol. Maybe it has to do with what you want. All I asked about was a karate coin finger gimlet so that might make a difference being that they are must easier to make than a shell or flipper.
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Quote:
On 2009-03-12 15:17, MarkTirone wrote:
I wrote to both Scholcraft and Lassen and got responses the next day lol. Maybe it has to do with what you want. All I asked about was a karate coin finger gimlet so that might make a difference being that they are must easier to make than a shell or flipper.

Maybe they have read this thread and understand it is smart and answer emails... LoL Smile
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
I know Lassen says he gets like 30 or more emails a day, and that it has been boiling down to either work or answer emails all day. I think he does his best, you guys have no idea what it is like to be a one man show and be supplying the entire world with non-production quality coin gaffs. I've had no problem picking up the phone and talking to Todd any time I want.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2009-03-10 21:50, Zaprig1 wrote:
Here HERE!!! I'm done waiting!!! There is more than two fargin guys in the world of coins!!!

Zaprig1

New user

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just got my coins a few hours ago and couldn't put them down. Fantastic work from Roy! I'll put it this way, I have a 16 year old flipper from a well known company (NOT one you'd expect) that was proving a point to get big back then. The cuts were always better than what I'd seen since in a flipper........that is until now! I can spot a flipper from 6 feet away (usually), and I couldn't perform with this in a matching year set in my OWN hands! I kept getting fooled by the flipper and tossing the wrong coin! Unreal! 20/20 vision till now at least (they say it's the first to go ya know). Good work all around. I'm kinda selfish, so your lucky I'm spilling the goods here, but don't be afraid to call Roy if you'rer tired of waiting for people to return business due to your fear of inferior quality from that guy! An artist in his own true right! Cheers to ya Roy!

Ok, I give up. Who's Roy?

J
feher
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1421 Posts

Profile of feher
Quote:
On 2009-03-13 02:32, polygonsmagic wrote:
I know Lassen says he gets like 30 or more emails a day, and that it has been boiling down to either work or answer emails all day. I think he does his best, you guys have no idea what it is like to be a one man show and be supplying the entire world with non-production quality coin gaffs. I've had no problem picking up the phone and talking to Todd any time I want.

This makes me laugh too...it must be terrible getting 30 emails a day from people that want my products......
Mean people SUCK!!!!!!!
Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1223 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Jamie is really good at getting back to you to answer questions. If you were e-mailing in the last couple weeks, I know he was tied up cranking out product to take to World Magic Seminar and then attending WMS. I believe he only got back a couple days ago and probably in the process of catching up.

I can offer this info for the original poster. Jamie will not make the Slippery Sam gimmicks. I know he had a few requests for it and he has stated he will not make them for ethical reasons.
polygonsmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
372 Posts

Profile of polygonsmagic
Quote:
On 2009-03-14 12:18, feher wrote:
Quote:

This makes me laugh too...it must be terrible getting 30 emails a day from people that want my products......

And exactly WHY would this make you laugh? I have no idea.
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2009-03-14 11:58, johncesta wrote:

Roy Kueppers.

http://www.roykueppers.com/

I have a very nice coin bite from him.

Best,

Doug L.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
mitchmarkl
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of mitchmarkl
Quote:
On 2009-03-14 12:18, feher wrote:
Quote:

Feher, and Johncesta, Why wouldn't you call Todd, after quite a few of his patrons have told you this is the best way to get hold of him. The phone obviously works better for him.
The fact that YOU think an email takes less time to answer than using the phone, means nothing, because you aren't the one who's working on the machines; he is.
He obviously knows what works best for him, so why swim against the current...........
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
I have been successful with Jamie. He is currently making my item. I swam against the current I suppose but the pull of the moon eased up and we managed to communicate via email.

J
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
I do apologize to Roy for not having mentioned him amongst the talented craftsmen of international renown.
For example the insert of his Flipper is re edged like Todd Lassen or Jamie Schoolcraft.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Actually Roy's are not re-edged. In all fairness to him his webmaster advertised that wrong. Roy made his first custom re-edged flipper for me over a month ago and its great.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Disagree but it's not important.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
Quote:
Here HERE!!! I'm done waiting!!! There is more than two fargin guys in the world of coins!!!

Zaprig1

New user

J

Try Roy Kueppers in Canada at http://www.roykueppers.com

A very good alternative in top quality products is Auke Van Dokkum in Holland at http://www.cupsandballs.nl/

Both easy to reach

If you don't mind large French silver coins (beautifully looking and, in my opinion, ideal size for normal hands) with a perfect craftmanship where you can have [, expanded [ (meaning Triple Threat or 3CM), and Flipper, combined or separately, contact Xavier Belmont in France (and check what David Roth is saying about his gaffs). The coins are slightly larger than silver dollar: the look better and are not often seen. The use of foreign coins is not a problem: the use of foreign copper coins is a clear enough proof of this.

You can reach him at http://www.xavierbelmont.com/

The prices are way more accessible than same or very slightly inferior quality products by Todd Lassen or Jamie Schoolcraft. The coins themselves are classier and you will not have every magicians' ones which is nice to remain remarkable. France sustained for centuries its superior quality craftmanship and unique luxury goods. Why could you not benefit from it?
mitchmarkl
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of mitchmarkl
Quote:
On 2009-04-08 07:05, Lawrence O wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Zaprig1

New user

J

Try Roy Kueppers in Canada at http://www.roykueppers.com

A very good alternative in top quality products is Auke Van Dokkum in Holland at http://www.cupsandballs.nl/

Both easy to reach

If you don't mind large French silver coins (beautifully looking and, in my opinion, ideal size for normal hands) with a perfect craftmanship where you can have [, expanded [ (meaning Triple Threat or 3CM), and Flipper, combined or separately, contact Xavier Belmont in France (and check what David Roth is saying about his gaffs). The coins are slightly larger than silver dollar: the look better and are not often seen. The use of foreign coins is not a problem: the use of foreign copper coins is a clear enough proof of this.

You can reach him at http://www.xavierbelmont.com/

The prices are way more accessible than same or very slightly inferior quality products by Todd Lassen or Jamie Schoolcraft. The coins themselves are classier and you will not have every magicians' ones which is nice to remain remarkable. France sustained for centuries its superior quality craftmanship and unique luxury goods. Why could you not benefit from it?

Evidently Xavier does produce gaffs in US half Dollars and 1921 Morgans also. I don't know his work, and don't read or speak french, so I can't speak about his pricing. I would say IMHO he would have to go a long way to be better than Todd Lassen as far as quality of craftmanship.
Zaprig1
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Zaprig1
Lawrence,

Disagree with what? The fact that Kuepper re-edges/internal bands coins??? Guess I missed what you meant. His ads indicate that he does, but when we spoke he said he webmaster made a mistake. He was quick to make my order right.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Schoolcraft and Lassen (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL