The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » If I could buy only ONE DVD on Stage Hypnosis, which one and why? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kingjay
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of kingjay
What I mean by better: my schooling with an instructor gave me knowledge of hypnosis in general... the dvd is just cut n dry stage, so in my case... it was more valuable to me... since I don't plan on doing therapy
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Kingjay I feel the same way day by day......first to learn it then decide which direction it takes me in. NLP and rapid inductions and fascinating to me.

Thanks.

Excellent stuff.

Candin
makethemagichappen
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of makethemagichappen
I did a lot of homework and checked out a lot of reviews before I ended up buying this one http://www.stagehypnosisuniversity.com
I did the payment plan so the wife wouldn't freak:) I have had it for a few weeks and read the entire program and watched and listened to everything once. I would say he is not lying when he says everything you need to become a stage hypnotist is included. I'm impressed with the amount of information related to the business. As far as technique, delivery, approach etc. I think its a matter of opinion. You should like the teachers style and demeanor since you have to listen/watch them over and over. I like the fact that I can read and listen to the information since it is easier to learn using multiple senses. He's obviously a successful real working hypnotist so I appreciate his personal insight into the art and the business. I like his stage presence too. His dvd with commentary is a great learning tool but I wish it had multiple camera angles. Some of the material I already knew from my own research, and the rolodex is unnecessary since I can find anything I want on the internet. Overall I would say its a solid program. Whether or not its worth the money I guess depends on whether I can make money using the information....tbd. My goal is to study and practice enough to start booking shows in the beginning of next school year. Now its up to me to do the work and stop making excuses that I need more training. I may buy some other courses (Ronning, Nongard) when I get some more cash flow but at this point I think I have what I need to get going, I just need to get the guts to get on stage!
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I have seen several pages of good reviews on Ronnings book so I thought I would give it a try and order it for my library.

Another often overlooked book I am resourcing is "Fun With Hypnosis." I bought it a while back as a supplement to my mentalism and discovered some really useful information on amnesia, stage shows etc. So much in fact, I plan on using one of the scripts tomorrow for a session.

I have Richard Nongard DVD on my radar as well.

Candin
Chase P.
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of Chase P.
Richard Nongards 8 DVD homestudy Course. It answered all my questions, came with 3 shows, and covered all the what ifs. Definatly worth it.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Richard rocks. He gives so much out for free too. Great help for sure.

Anything by Richard, John, Sean or Brian is worth it IMO.

Candin
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
Thank-you chase and Candin. The 8 disc set is pretty comprehensive...
I too like the "Fun with Hypnosis" book
And Ronnings resources and book is awesome too...
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Welcome, looks like I will move into stage hypnosis soon. I was doing my mentalist act tonight and had my "Ask me about Hypnosis" button on. I did magic fingers during my show and one man got his hands stuck and they were really locked. He was in trance I think and didn't follow my suggestions at first.

Long story boring, He unlocked them and I left the stage area. A couple of women asked me about hypnosis and I speed induced them using the hand press seated.

The owner saw me do it and I thought, this is it Im fired. I have been working there 5 yrs. Instead he waited for me outside and talked to me about doing a hypnosis show. I thought he was going to fire me. I mean, he saw me rocking this woman with her head in her lap, hands dangling down.

I like the combo mentalism and hypnosis show since I have an out just in case. Anyways, I would like to do lecture/demo hypnosis combo shows but owner likes the skits idea.

Now I got to hit the ground running and learn as much as I can. All the what ifs?

Problems I still am having is amnesia and reinducing and getting them to follow my command of "sleep". They just stare at me when I point and say sleep.

I haven't really gone into any quack like a duck etc since I cannot get them to reinduct by pointing, saying sleep. Just my dilemma, excited but nervous at the same time. I didn't plan on this but its a good challenge and I know of no hypnosis shows here where I am (7th largest city in USA).

You know where I live Richard:)

Candin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » If I could buy only ONE DVD on Stage Hypnosis, which one and why? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL