The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Best Chop Cup tutorials/routines (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ruppenthal
View Profile
Regular user
I'm busy, so I only have
105 Posts

Profile of Ruppenthal
Hi there:
Can someone recommend what books or DVDs are best for learning Chop Cup handling and routines? I see lots of Cups & Balls material, but not so much for the Chop cup. Any help would be appreciated. Also, is there a particular cup that you would recommend for a beginner like myself?
Thanks in advance...
John
sruli
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of sruli
If you like learning from DVDs, try The Classic Chop Cup from the Greater Magic Video Library Teach-In Sessions. I got mine from Stevens Magic:
http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=7452

There are also numerous printed routines and booklets available.
Ethan Orr
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis
163 Posts

Profile of Ethan Orr
The Complete Don Alan Chop Cup booklet is a very good place to start. It's cheap, thorough, and entertaining, and easy to find. It's what I learned from, and it lays such a basic framework that is very easy to modify. There's also a video on you tube of Don Alan performing the routine, which you can watch for free.

There's also the World's Greatest Magic DVD, but it's not so great.
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2894 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Brad Burt has an excellent DVD dedicated to the chop cup. You can get it at his web site: http://www.magicshop.com Smile
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1620 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I own The Classic Chop Cup from the Greater Magic Video Library and I think it is very good Jennings routine is very complete, Don Alan is nice, Martin Lewis is more simple and Brad Burt is very interesting but his main vanish is not an easy one.

Overall great dvd, I do Jennings routine and people like it

Pablo
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
There was a booklet once, as I recall. The "How To Book" of the Chop Cup by Merlyn T.Shute put out by Morrissey Magic, Ltd. I think Denny and Lee's still has some copies.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Ruppenthal
View Profile
Regular user
I'm busy, so I only have
105 Posts

Profile of Ruppenthal
Thanks for the great suggestions, guys. I've ordered the Don Alan booklet to start with and will see where it goes from there. Any suggestions on a good beginners cup, something I can grow into? I don't want to spend a fortune, but I don't want to buy something that I'll need to replace if I really get into the routine. Any help?

Thanks again...

John
Ethan Orr
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis
163 Posts

Profile of Ethan Orr
Ethan Orr
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis
163 Posts

Profile of Ethan Orr
I also suggest keeping your eye on the tricks for sale section here and ebay.
Ethan Orr
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis
163 Posts

Profile of Ethan Orr
I also suggest keeping your eye on the tricks for sale section here and ebay for RNT2 items.
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
The Morrissey chop cup is a good starter and it can load a tennis ball........
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Best Chop Cup tutorials/routines (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL