The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ice cream production? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
When I was a kid I wanted to be an ice-cream man so I could eat my own ice cream. Then I decided I wanted to be a magician so I could magically make ice cream appear...and then eat it.

I want to tell this (true) story as part of my act...and then produce an ice cream cone or maybe an ice cream on a stick would be more realistic.

What are some good ways to accomplish this? I like to open with some club juggling, so it would have to survive for a few minutes before being revealed.

Any ideas?

-Daniel
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
LOL, Rocco does this as part of his award-winning FISM act (I think he won for originality)

He uses sleeving to accomplish it, which he acknowledges will get your Armani suit a little choclately, but as long as it's frozen enough you'll be alright if your load isn't riding around forever next to your arm!

since you want to start with juggling you'll have to come up with a steal (when you put the clubs away perhaps?) and just have the ice cream cone in an open cooler...
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
I somehow remember the Japanese Magician "Sanada" used to do a trick with Ice Cream cones in his 1982 FISM award-winning manipulation act. I can't remember what the Ice-Cream trick was, but it was a real non-sequitur, because the act primarily involved the manipulation of playing cards, round cards and jumbo playing cards. But "Sanada" had such a quirky on-stage personality that he made the whole thing work.

Levent
Drew Manning
View Profile
Special user
Dallas, Texas
913 Posts

Profile of Drew Manning
A square circle can produce just about anything. It wouldn't be too hard to make one a smaller size for this purpose. Plus, if it were made right, it would contain any mess you might make.

You could also go with a mi***r box or even a drawer box with an ice cream sandwich.

Smaller props in a hidden cooler with dry ice should get the job done.
I live my life for a layer of ice
Just like those poured by my bartender vice
Any taste of vermouth would be really sublime,
When you have a good martini time!

-The Reverend Horton Heat
puppeterry
View Profile
Regular user
Sanger, CA
114 Posts

Profile of puppeterry
Of course it's "cheating," but Alan Wong makes sponge (soft-swirl) ice cream cones.
TV Mc Arthur
The Librician
Fresno (CA) County Public Library
"They don't get better.....just faster."
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Ickle Pickle has some ice cream related magic.....Cordially,Howard
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
There's a popsicle trick on e-bay, go to ebay and search for popsicle magic.

Jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Ice cream production? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL