The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » CUPS & BALLS: Tom and Jerry style (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

charles schneider
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of charles schneider
I was not sure where to post this, but Bill Palmer suggested this might be the place!

I wanted to share this TOM AND JERRY cartoon, called ABRACADUMB I wrote for Warner Bros., just a few years ago. Like many of you, I have a true passion & obsession with the Cups & Balls, (performed countless C & B focused shows at George W. Page Park in L.A.)

So when Warner Bros. accepted my story concept of a T & J with a battling/competing Magi theme, I naturally had to put some Cups and Balls gags in between Cat and Mouse. I thought to myself, "Think of the possibilities. Tom and Jerry. Cups and Balls. Wow!!" I wrote the story & script for this cartoon. Hope you enjoy it.

Note: Technically WB owns the (copyright on my toon,) but I wrote this story & script, and if I can't share the one magic-themed Tom and Jerry Cartoon I managed to write - with fellow magicians HERE - then tis little justice in the world!

Note whoever posted this on YouTube put up a Spanish dubbed version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqjkTykw1......&index=3

Animatedly,

Charles Schneider

p.s. The focus on the Cups and Balls at WMS was an undiluted slice of Heavenly bliss!
sruli
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of sruli
Thanks for sharing that. Tom had some nice final loads! I wonder how he managed that.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
This cartoon is really a treat! Even more of a treat is the fact that the guy who wrote the story and script was able to share it with us.

Thanks, Charles!
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks for sharing the clip, Charles Schneider. It is really entertaining, especially the part of the cups and balls.
charles schneider
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of charles schneider
Quote:
On 2009-03-09 15:31, Bill Palmer wrote:
This cartoon is really a treat! Even more of a treat is the fact that the guy who wrote the story and script was able to share it with us.

Thanks, Charles!

Thank you kindly, Mr. Palmer. I feel like my lifetime was building, over 49 years, to the moment when I posted this particular cartoon here this AM, to share with MAGICIANS everywhere - (the work melded two of my great loves, Magic & Animation) The animators also put a lil' extra love into their craft on several I penned, which was fortunate.

Thanks once more &, for the curious, here is a .....

Link to a playlist of five T & J's I actually wrote & concieved and have found floating on YouTube!
(copy quality varies)

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=56A7FA1997FF509D
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Charles sent this to me the other day and I got a the biggest kick out of it! A) I'm a T&J fan B) Only a true C&B guy would show a watermelon as a final load and only a magician would get the significance! Good stuff buddy!

Mick
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
This is worth getting in the Cups and Balls Museum if you can obtain and grant free rights for Bill Palmer's museum to shoot it there...

Not about the C&Bs but magician friendly is this one as well
http://www.vimeo.com/1552972
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Ethan Orr
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis
163 Posts

Profile of Ethan Orr
This video reminds me of my late father, who loved Tom and Jerry. Thanks for posting it.
MagicByUriel
View Profile
Veteran user
Johnathan Townsend has a lot more than
358 Posts

Profile of MagicByUriel
Quote:
On 2009-03-09 16:09, Lawrence O wrote:
This is worth getting in the Cups and Balls Museum if you can obtain and grant free rights for Bill Palmer's museum to shoot it there...

Not about the C&Bs but magician friendly is this one as well
http://www.vimeo.com/1552972

That was great as well! Thanks for posting!
"Magic is the only art that the audience wants the performer to screw up" - Daniel Garcia
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thanks for sharing that my friend! Keep in touch Charles!
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24275 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
My father's favorite was the T&J of Hungarian Dance #5. He was a musician, and he really enjoyed that particular one.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
869 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Tom n Jerry is really a classic...

Thanks for sharing

Cheers
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
Paul Prater
View Profile
Elite user
North Little Rock, AR
483 Posts

Profile of Paul Prater
I loved Tom and Jerry as a child and I had the joy of watching this just now with my three year old daughter who also loves Tom and Jerry. She prefer Tom and Jerry over anythig else and we have three Tom and Jerry DVDs. While I am sure it is nice to hear from adults who like this, I just wanted to let you know that my three year old squealed and laughed throughout the cartoon, which just made it all the more enjoyable. My child loved it as well.
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Fantástico!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » CUPS & BALLS: Tom and Jerry style (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL