The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Tommy Wonder Lecture DVD's released (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
L&L has one called British Close-Up Magic Symposium and A-1 has Wonderized.

They seem to have the same content. Anyone have the skinny on them ( what's the difference )?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Domino Magic
View Profile
Special user
999 Posts

Profile of Domino Magic
This was formally on video, now on DVD for the first time. It's his lecture from the early 90's and features 3 effects.

Even if you don't do the effects, you'll love listening to Tommy's theory.
Darcy Brown
View Profile
New user
Melbourne, Australia
58 Posts

Profile of Darcy Brown
Apparently "Wonderized" was recorded at a convention in Sacramento. The description at mymagic.com lists several effects that were not covered on the British Close-Up Symposium Lecture Video/DVD.
350zTT
View Profile
Regular user
171 Posts

Profile of 350zTT
I think that even if you don't perform any of tommy wonder's effect that you can get so much by just watching him! He was an excellent performer. He could take the simplest of tricks and turn it into a show stopper! Will def. be picking up wonderized and his british close-up symposium! Quick question. How are these compared to his Visions of wonder dvds???
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1546 Posts

Profile of Markymark
He is really funny on the Mark Leveridge [British symposium] dvd.
Plus there are some great effects that are only on these dvd's.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Dick Koornwinder
View Profile
New user
The Netherlands
15 Posts

Profile of Dick Koornwinder
The Mark Leveridge DVD is great to watch! Imagine to see Tommy Wonder in his late thirties. Unfortunately the “Wonderized” DVD is an unauthorized/illegal product. The publisher has contacted the TW estate in June 2008 to tell about his plans to publish a lecture DVD of Tommy Wonder. However the estate has sent the publisher an e-mail in July 2008 with the message he has not the right to market that 10 years old footage and so the TW estate has not given permission to produce or market such a DVD.
If I may give a suggestion…….I would go for the Mark Leveridge DVD – The British Close-up Magic Symposium (1991) - or the 3 DVD set L&L is publishing. BTW L&L has now the Biggest Sale ever.

Kind regards,
Dick Koornwinder
Lloyd_SG
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of Lloyd_SG
I have the video by L&L. Highly recommended video... Tommy Wonder shows you magic so real that you wish you stop blinking your eyes.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2009-03-15 21:59, Dick Koornwinder wrote:
The Mark Leveridge DVD is great to watch! Imagine to see Tommy Wonder in his late thirties. Unfortunately the “Wonderized” DVD is an unauthorized/illegal product. The publisher has contacted the TW estate in June 2008 to tell about his plans to publish a lecture DVD of Tommy Wonder. However the estate has sent the publisher an e-mail in July 2008 with the message he has not the right to market that 10 years old footage and so the TW estate has not given permission to produce or market such a DVD.
If I may give a suggestion…….I would go for the Mark Leveridge DVD – The British Close-up Magic Symposium (1991) - or the 3 DVD set L&L is publishing. BTW L&L has now the Biggest Sale ever.

Kind regards,
Dick Koornwinder

The "Wonderized" footage was shot when Mike Maxwell was doing the Convention At The Capital events.

I would speculate that Maxwell owns the right to any filming that took place.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Tommy Wonder Lecture DVD's released (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL