The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Best of Friends - Review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mark Martinez
View Profile
Inner circle
Wisconsin
1280 Posts

Profile of Mark Martinez
What do people think of Harry Loryane's book Best of Friends Vol 1?
Magically,
Mark

Success comes before work only in the dictionary. - Anonymous
rrubin98
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta (USA)
277 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
I have it and think it's great! When I was doing a lot of card magic years ago, I frequently referred to this book. I still use a four-ace effect from Best of Friends on those rare, few occasions when I deviate from mentalism.

- Richard
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
I've strongly considered getting this book but, sheesh, it's expensive. Does the quality of the material justify the price? Also, how many other volumes are there? I only hear about the first one.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Dave Egleston
View Profile
Special user
Ceres, Ca
632 Posts

Profile of Dave Egleston
There are two volumes - there won't be another - Volume one is one of the most talked about books in magic, with some powerful routines by some of the best magicians in the world. I hate to admit, I bought volume two about a year ago and have yet to read it - I bought it mostly to complete the set - I've heard it isn't as highly thought of as the first book.

If you can get you hands on the first book - I think you'll be more than satisfied

Dave
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2317 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Actually, volume 2 is just chock full of absolutely excellent stuff also!Jon Townsend has several items worth your time. Curtis Kam Does CARD TRICKS in this one... And a very good deck vanish. Stand up yet! And about 540 pages more of good stuff... Well worth your attention. And that is just volume 2.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Best of Friends - Review (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL