The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » David stone's "Bridal journey" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
After watching david stone's perfect classic palm and his silky smoothness, I can't help but to think why mine is so bad. Here's a rountine I've been practicing, and I admit, I did a horrible job at. I can't think of any patter for it, so I just did the rountine and put some music in the background. I'm going to practice it more before I perform it, so this is just a video for suggestions. As you can see from the video, my classic palm is horrid. And this is after 8 months of practice! I just hope I have the right hands for it. I need to work on my transfer a bit, and will delete this video after I get some suggestions for it. I just feel I did a horrid job and I wish my classic palm was better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVSoigLMysQ
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Quote:
On 2009-03-12 19:53, Strange Tasting Fish Sticks wrote:
After watching david stone's perfect classic palm and his silky smoothness, I can't help but to think why mine is so bad. Here's a rountine I've been practicing, and I admit, I did a horrible job at. I can't think of any patter for it, so I just did the rountine and put some music in the background. I'm going to practice it more before I perform it, so this is just a video for suggestions. As you can see from the video, my classic palm is horrid. And this is after 8 months of practice! I just hope I have the right hands for it. I need to work on my transfer a bit, and will delete this video after I get some suggestions for it. I just feel I did a horrid job and I wish my classic palm was better.

Its not as bad as you think...technique wise. However, your general movements seem to convey a sense of lack of confidence--spectators may smell blood.

Also, and of course this is just my own opinion, I don't like the final vanish preceding the part where you produce the two coins from your nose...I didn't like the way David Stone did it either...it would be better to use a click pass so that you get the audio as well as visual effect. Since you are in CP, you can use the click pass from Bobo and it would look great.

Evikshin
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
Quote:
On 2009-03-17 23:28, evikshin wrote:
Quote:

Its not as bad as you think...technique wise. However, your general movements seem to convey a sense of lack of confidence--spectators may smell blood.

Also, and of course this is just my own opinion, I don't like the final vanish preceding the part where you produce the two coins from your nose...I didn't like the way David Stone did it either...it would be better to use a click pass so that you get the audio as well as visual effect. Since you are in CP, you can use the click pass from Bobo and it would look great.

Evikshin

Hi Evikshin,

Thanks for the response. I've posted this on another website too anxiously waiting for a response.Although I practice it occassinoally, I did not give this one too much practice yet, and I was somewhat afraid to post it. I do have a confidence problem too, but the main thing is patter. I just can't seem to get patter. I can't think up lines, even simple lines. My patter for sponges is paticularly horrible, "I'll put a sponge in this hand..and one in this hand", etc.

I wish my classic palm was better. How did it look on the video?
Edit to add: I didn't really like the from the nose too thing either, I was wondering what another way to do it would be. This just doesn't seem like that strong of effect. I would like to do another one of david stones rountines, with his trasfer (forgot the name, it's on basic coin magic 1) but you gotta classic palm 4 (!!) coins at once, and drop them one at a time. I can drop them one at atime from classic palm no problem, but I cannot classic palm 4 coins without my hand looking terrible. 1 or 2 is fine, but not 4. On a side note, my friend rannie showed me his classic palm, he had someone try and pull it from his hand, while in classic palm, ended up actually hurting the persons hand, he couldn't pull it out! While I have a good grip on the coin, I don't think my muscles have built up yet enough to do that.
evikshin
View Profile
Special user
892 Posts

Profile of evikshin
Quote:
On 2009-03-20 20:49, Strange Tasting Fish Sticks wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-03-17 23:28, evikshin wrote:
Quote:

Evikshin

Hi Evikshin,

Thanks for the response. I've posted this on another website too anxiously waiting for a response.Although I practice it occassinoally, I did not give this one too much practice yet, and I was somewhat afraid to post it. I do have a confidence problem too, but the main thing is patter. I just can't seem to get patter. I can't think up lines, even simple lines. My patter for sponges is paticularly horrible, "I'll put a sponge in this hand..and one in this hand", etc.

I wish my classic palm was better. How did it look on the video?
Edit to add: I didn't really like the from the nose too thing either, I was wondering what another way to do it would be. This just doesn't seem like that strong of effect. I would like to do another one of david stones rountines, with his trasfer (forgot the name, it's on basic coin magic 1) but you gotta classic palm 4 (!!) coins at once, and drop them one at a time. I can drop them one at atime from classic palm no problem, but I cannot classic palm 4 coins without my hand looking terrible. 1 or 2 is fine, but not 4. On a side note, my friend rannie showed me his classic palm, he had someone try and pull it from his hand, while in classic palm, ended up actually hurting the persons hand, he couldn't pull it out! While I have a good grip on the coin, I don't think my muscles have built up yet enough to do that.

Hi S.T.F.S.,

The patter I use for Bridal Journey is this:

"They say to never put all your money in the same bank account." (as you say this, you apparently place both coins into the left hand)

"That's great advice, so I decided to create another bank account." (as you say this, do a magical gesture, and reveal that one coin is now in the left hand).

"No, seriously, never put all your money in the same bank account, because if you lose it all..." (as you say this, open your left hand to show it empty)

Produce the coins from your nose and say "if you lose it all, people will say that you 'BLEW' it, but if your smart you can get your money back."

Try this patter, you will get great reactions.

I'm going to be putting up a video soon of my handling for this effect. I don't use classic palm, I use retention vanishes and finger palm. I personally feel that its more convincing this way. I will notify you when I'm done shooting it.

Magically,

Evikshin

PS: why are you concerned with having Rannie's grip strength on the Classic Palm? Though impressive, I hardly think that you need that degree of strength, or anything close to it, to have a good classic palm. Your classic palm is fine as it is, just dress it up with the appropriate body language, patter, and presentation. Life is too short to obsess over a non-mechanic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » David stone's "Bridal journey" (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL