The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Get a Grip! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
I have seen mentioned, here and there, tips and advice on how to keep your hands supple and less slippery. I have tried them all (I think).

Here is what I use and I love it: "SORTKWIK".
This is a product used as a fingertip moistener. You will find it in stationary stores (I get it at Staples).

How I use it:
Lightly touch all five fingers of each hand to the product, then spread it around with a 'washing' of the hands action.

I find my tactile abilities superb afterwards. Shuffling and thumbing off is a pleasure. D/L's are impeccable. Spread controls outstanding. Elmsley would be proud of me. Virtually all handling of cards (and coins) has greatly improved.

This product is clean. My cards are not dirtied, in fact, it seems to condition the cards!

I highly recommend this product for all to try.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Hey blindbo,

Thanks for the tip. I was wondering though, how much does this SORTKWIK stuff run for in the stores?

Sometimes I use a tiny bit of weight lifting chalk. A very small amount so it doesn't show up on coins and stuff. It helps with gripping small items.
blindbo
View Profile
Special user
Bucks County, PA
790 Posts

Profile of blindbo
You can get it in three sizes, Brian.
There is a 3/8 oz, 1.0 oz, and 1.75 oz.

I like the 3/8 oz for it's convenient size. It costs about a buck. It lasts me about 2 months.
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
Thanks for the info. I think I'll go and try some out.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Get a Grip! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL