The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Looking for some good balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Hi everyone!

I have a quick question.

I'm looking for some good quality balls. Where can I get them?

I know RNTII is out of business. And I've contacted Brent Sherwood twice with no response.

Anyone know any other places out there? I do a search on google and I don't get anything decent. Heck, Sherwood's site doesn't even come up on a google search!

Thanks everyone!!

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
James Tong is on this site. I'd go to him.
Robert Kohler
View Profile
Special user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
520 Posts

Profile of Robert Kohler
Fortunately, RNT2 has stated they will continue to make the balls as they always have. You may want to contact Epiphany Jean for the details.........
We judge ourselves by our intentions - others judge us by our actions.....
<BR>
<BR>B. Wilson
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Check out josh's monkeyfist balls. they're wonderful. he's a member here.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2009-03-13 17:50, Tim Jahn wrote:
Hi everyone!

I have a quick question.

I know RNTII is out of business. And I've contacted Brent Sherwood twice with no response.

Anyone know any other places out there? I do a search on google and I don't get anything decent. Heck, Sherwood's site doesn't even come up on a google search!

Thanks everyone!!

Tim

If you do a google search for "Brent Sherwood," his site won't come up. That's because his name isn't "Brent Sherwood." If you search for Brett Sherwood, it comes up at the top of the list.

You don't say how long ago you tried to contact him. If it hasn't been at least two or three days, have patience. He is a very busy working pro. He works on cruise ships, so he may not get your e-mail until he reaches a port.

If you tried to contact Brent Sherwood, asking for balls, you probably confused the person that you e-mailed, seeing as how one of the people at the top of the Brent Sherwood list is a surgeon. Smile
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I second Josh Riel's balls. If you haven't tried leather monkey fists, you should.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/bb_pr......er=17135
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Krazyjay
View Profile
Loyal user
One hand typed all
264 Posts

Profile of Krazyjay
Hey Tim
I just got my balls from Danis magic. And they are awesome I got 3 load ball. They are the best quality I have seen. They are very tightly crotchet. The best part they are cheap. They are in France and it took about 3 weeks to get.

http://danis-magic.com/cariboost1/crbst_2.html

http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158......1016.jpg

http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158......1017.jpg

http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158......1018.jpg
Noel M
View Profile
Loyal user
San Rafael. CA
208 Posts

Profile of Noel M
I second Danis Magic. I've been dealing with Francois for a while and it's been great. His products are top notch and reasonably priced. He's very friendly and easy to work with. Don't worry if you don't speak French; his English is excellent.
Brett Sherwood
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Brett Sherwood
Quote:
On 2009-03-13 17:50, Tim Jahn wrote:
Hi everyone!

I have a quick question.

Thanks everyone!!

Tim

Hi Tim

Sorry never received your emails? Please send me a PM and I'll be happy to help you out if at all possible.
Bill Palmer is 100% correct I did just return from an Amazon River, Devil Island cruise - no internet for a week, but even so your email wasn't waiting there? Please also double check the google search with a correct spelling of my name - it should show up.
I was the first to offer these subtle interwoven metallic thread balls to the magic fraterity in 2004 at both the IBM and SAM conventions. No one was selling these then - that is why I designed them - to be different and also compliment my Engraved Cups. After these conventions they started appearing elsewhere without my permission. The construction is also different to my construction, because I designed them as a working professional, so they may be cheaper, but they are NOT the same quality ball. Do not like to make waves, but wanted to quote this for the record.
Kind Regards,
Brett Sherwood
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
Quote:
On 2009-03-13 18:58, Krazyjay wrote:
Hey Tim
I just got my balls from Danis magic. And they are awesome I got 3 load ball. They are the best quality I have seen. They are very tightly crotchet. The best part they are cheap. They are in France and it took about 3 weeks to get.

http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158......1016.jpg

http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158......1017.jpg

http://s679.photobucket.com/albums/vv158......1018.jpg

Those large load balls from Pascaline Danis are great, aren't they? I use mine heaps.

Geoffrey
"I suggest you watch very carefully..."
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
Quote:
On 2009-03-13 18:13, Bill Palmer wrote:

If you do a google search for "Brent Sherwood," his site won't come up. That's because his name isn't "Brent Sherwood." If you search for Brett Sherwood, it comes up at the top of the list.

You don't say how long ago you tried to contact him. If it hasn't been at least two or three days, have patience. He is a very busy working pro. He works on cruise ships, so he may not get your e-mail until he reaches a port.

If you tried to contact Brent Sherwood, asking for balls, you probably confused the person that you e-mailed, seeing as how one of the people at the top of the Brent Sherwood list is a surgeon. Smile

Oh, good heavens, I hope that that Brent Sherwood of whom you speak does not supply him with anything! The mind boggles.

G Smile
"I suggest you watch very carefully..."
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Wow!! Thanks for all the responses everyone. You guys are the best!

Bill, Yes..I'm sure that's what I must have done, I spelled the poor guys name wrong. I did find Brett's site however through an old link I found here at the Café, and that's where I got his e-mail address. I just copied it and pasted it so I'm sure it was correct.

Brett, Sorry for spelling your name wrong. I e-mailed you about a week ago. Honestly I just figured that you were busy and didn't have time. Which was right I guess seeing as how you just got back from the Amazon. No problem and I'll send you a PM straight away.

As far as RNTII, I did e-mail Jake a few weeks back and he didn't respond. Is he out of the game now? I see he hasn't been on the Café for a while either.

Again, Thank you all so much for your help.

Best,
Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
O.K. I just cheacked my e-mail and Brett had responded. Hes got exactly what I wanted.

Thanks again everyone,

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
Sincerely,
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Tim,
When and if you find yourself wanting more or different orbs, I agree with Frank and Josh, the Josh Riel Monkey Fists are a great add!
Ethan Orr
View Profile
Regular user
Minneapolis
163 Posts

Profile of Ethan Orr
I can also vouch for the excellent service of Brett Sherwood. He recently custom made me a set of combo balls with an adjustable magnet, and his customer service was impeccable. We exchanged a number of emails, making sure he hooked me up with exactly what I needed. He also mailed my package the day he left for South America, and I recieved them FOUR DAYS LATER--and that was all the way from the UK! All that for a $55 order (I ordered an additional set with a regular strength magnet).

I can say without hesitation that this was the best service I've received buying magic. Not to mention the quality of the balls themselves--I've performed with my Sherwoods twice and gotten compliments on them both times.

It is now my goal to save up enough money to buy a set of his beautiful smooth copper cups!
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Man I'd love to get a set of cups from him...But I'm married!! Smile I don't think I would be for long if I just up and spent that much money. (Wait...Let me think on that for a moment... Married vs. Cups... Hmmm).

If you guys can't tell I'm new to the cups and balls. I'm at a stage now where I'd like to upgrade to better equipment. I'd like to thank all of you again for your time and helping out a newbie and for your recomenedations. I hope this thread stays around so that others who need help later on with this subject can find what they need.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
Sincerely,
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Check out the cups and balls museum. There is a lot of material there for you to look at. Also, there are answers to many questions.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Thanks again Bill.

I sent an e-mail to the curator and look forward to
learning more.

Best,
Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
Sincerely,
Etienne M.
View Profile
New user
Netherlands
75 Posts

Profile of Etienne M.
This week I received the RNT2 1" working balls red/gold. they are excellent.

Floyd
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

-- Albert Einstein
tstark
View Profile
Loyal user
Arizona
267 Posts

Profile of tstark
The best I have seen come from my friend Francois Danis. His wife Pascaline makes them and does beautiful work. Have a look
I have a chop cup set and cups and balls set.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Looking for some good balls (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL