The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Erdnase = L’Homme Masque ? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

awimagic
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of awimagic
Apparently Tamariz thinks that L’Homme Masque might have been the real man known to us as S W Erdnase

source :: http://blog.ellusionist.com/mcbride-shar......dentity/
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Absolute poppycock.

Where's their research?

I think Lillian Gish was Erdnase...........there, that makes about as much sense, and offers up the same quality and amount of research that Tamariz and McBride offer up.

This is nothing more than a lame attempt to generate publicity for magic schools and magic books.
Kimura
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of Kimura
Hahaha.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Lillian Gish.

Wow!

Lillian Gish!

Who woulda thought?
awimagic
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of awimagic
Tamariz appears to be a sensible man ... so I hope he would back it up with some research ... otherwise it is very irresponsible of him...
gadfly3d
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of gadfly3d
StoneUnhinged:

Heideggerian haiku. ????? Esotericism run amok?

Gil Scott
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Gil, the middle word of the haiku is the key to understanding it. And Erdnase is the Machiavelli of the gambling world.

Yes, I am unhinged! I may be the only Straussian to understand the importance of Erdnase! Fame! Fortune! A presidential cabinet position! They will make me the Gambling Tsar!

Count the exclamation points and divide by pi.

Tamariz appears to be a sensible man.

Right.

Everyone else: no, I am not having a nervous breakdown. Or maybe I am. Ask Gil.
uhrenschmied
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of uhrenschmied
If one cares to read what Jeff McBride actually writes, he states only that Juan Tamariz has this theory and explained it to him. He also writes that Gaetan Bloom shares Juan’s assumption and that he hopes that Juan comes up with more information about this topic.

I could not find any quote that Jeff McBride shares this theory. He simply tells about what he learned on that convention. Maybe my english is not good enough, but did anybody find a quote that Jeff shares this theory other than the headline of the Enquirer, sorry, Ellusionist ?

Regards,
Enzo
View Profile
Loyal user
CA
248 Posts

Profile of Enzo
That sounds quite random: a Peruvian magician performing mostly in France writing a book in English for the American market. In an English that was incidentally so sophisticated that it was used as an argument against the claim that Milton Franklin Andrews (a native English speaker) was Erdnase. Even if he used a ghost writer, why would he publish a book uniquely for the American market, posing as a gambler?
FILL--IPINESS
View Profile
Regular user
177 Posts

Profile of FILL--IPINESS
I've made a lot of investigation , talked with some important historians , and I have some new and shocking evidences about Erdnase identity. There is new upcoming book about the subject...........( yes , one more )

P.S. he was not the peruvian guy.

FILL
nachotuoni
View Profile
New user
Ecuador
59 Posts

Profile of nachotuoni
If you want to know a little bit more about Juan Tamariz theory, you can watch this interview: https://fb.watch/2Txqe21i_D/

It's in spanish, but he explains a lot about his theory, and he gives a fact that he knows for sure that's written in the Expert at the Card Table. He talks about it from the minute 32.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16223 Posts

Profile of tommy
Is there an English transcript of it?

Or can you give us the gist of the fact which he knows for sure?

The OPs link does not work and I do not know what this is about.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Erdnase = L’Homme Masque ? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL