The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Some Advice Please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
I would like to add both a 3 fly routine and coins across to my repertoir.I have already done quite a bit of research but some methods seem a bit too advanced for my level at the moment.

Can you suggest the two easiest routines to learn for each effect to start with.

BARRY
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Hi BB,

Daryl's version of "3 Fly III" is pretty easy to learn and Michael Ammar's "Simple Coins Across" on his Intro to Coin Magic dvd is how I got into it and went on to eventually develop my own. Hope that helps or at least points you in the right direction as to learning the effects. Best of luck. -Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Mb knows wherewith he speaks. Both of those are good for beginning level.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
576 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
My suggestion, get David Stones 2 DVD's on coin work... it's all you'll need for quite a while.
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2009-03-14 21:19, BaryBazz wrote:
I would like to add both a 3 fly routine ...

Can you suggest the two easiest routines to learn for each effect to start with.

BARRY

You might find it efficient to start with David Roth's Winged Silver from his book and then apply the basic idea of having the coins travel to/from your fingertips. Yes it's a tabled approach but it will get you moving along from a running start. It's okay to table the coins and put the ones which have traveled down after their flight - at least till you get comfortable with some other sleights you can learn and practice in the mean time.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
JT, that is a smart idea/plan and one that should defenily assist with this.I was fooling with Winged Silver myself today.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Winged Silver is a wonderful routine! Excellent advice given by MB as well!
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
The WGM coins across DVD has a well rounded selection of routines. That combined with BOBO have helped me with the coins across basics.
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Thanks Guys for all your tips I shall give them all a go

BARRY
phedonbilek
View Profile
Special user
Greece, Cameroon, France
884 Posts

Profile of phedonbilek
Quote:
On 2009-03-14 22:12, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Quote:
On 2009-03-14 21:19, BaryBazz wrote:
I would like to add both a 3 fly routine ...

BARRY

You might find it efficient to start with David Roth's Winged Silver from his book and then apply the basic idea of having the coins travel to/from your fingertips. Yes it's a tabled approach but it will get you moving along from a running start. It's okay to table the coins and put the ones which have traveled down after their flight - at least till you get comfortable with some other sleights you can learn and practice in the mean time.

Agreed. Provided you have a solid classic palm, and this is not granted considering you're a beginner. I'd go with Ammar's coins across in CICM, referred to above.

MB, BTW, I love your crimp change, and use it all the time now especially in my little version of Roth's Coins to cup...

Phedon
...The only easy day is yesterday...
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Not exactly sure how skilled you are from your post, but might I recomend Eric Jones' "SpeedFly". A simply Café search can find it pretty easily. It is a really cool 3 fly that can be done for a bigger audience and uses only 3 coins yet still looks like a genuine coins across at chest hight. You can also pick up his DVD "Mirage Et Trois" for a REALLY cool 3 fly. I have a review on it if you want to check it out.
BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
Thanks Mark,

I am not a complete beginner but never done much with coins.Not sure if the Eric Jones stuff will be too difficult for me at this stage without an awful lot of practice.May just start with the ideas from Daryl and Ammar.May also check out David Stone's DVD's.

BARRY
CamisBoss
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of CamisBoss
I highly recommend Roth's version of Winged Silver. I love it! I've shown my girlfriend this numerous times, but everytime she thinks she has it figured out, I blow her away with it again! It will take some practice though. Especially if you're not proficient with the two main sleights...
jackstevens
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of jackstevens
David Roth is the best.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

No great classic palm required for the approach suggested earlier. Just fingerpalm, the shuttle pass and then as one gets comfortable they can spend time to explore edge grip and coin productions.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Winged Silver is pretty good too but for me Ammar's Simple Coins Across seemed even easier but just as amazing. Pick your poison. Smile

And jack, "the best?" I don't know, there are a lot of really good coin men out there big and small. "Best" is relative at best.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

BaryBazz
View Profile
Loyal user
United Kingdom
213 Posts

Profile of BaryBazz
For those who recommended Daryl's 3 fly I've just watched it and its superb.Will take some practice but looks well worth it.

I have noticed that some 3 fly routines use a shell.Why would anyone want to use a shell when the Daryl gaff free version must be as good as it gets.

BARRY
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-03-17 19:39, BaryBazz wrote:
For those who recommended Daryl's 3 fly I've just watched it and its superb.Will take some practice but looks well worth it.

I have noticed that some 3 fly routines use a shell.Why would anyone want to use a shell when the Daryl gaff free version must be as good as it gets.

BARRY

:( sorry you lost me with "must be as good as it gets". -JT
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Yeah, that sounds like that "Best" thing again.

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Please lease please not another three fly....
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Some Advice Please (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL