The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » mentalist for kids (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

1magicshop
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of 1magicshop
I have a party this weekend for an 11-year old girl and I would like to know some mentalist tricks that will work well with her.
Great Prices, Great Magic
http://www.1magicshop.com
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
Try some effects like the force with the number six. I have heard this called several different things but the effect is basically the same.

You might also try the three way test in Mark Wilson's CCIM. This can be really powerful. You could substitute the objects he lists in his explanation to fit the 11-year old age group.

Let us know how it goes.

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
DanTheMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
Edgewater, Maryland USA
138 Posts

Profile of DanTheMagicMan
I remember reading a mentalism trick in the Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic book using some slips of paper, loose change and a few items lying around. You predict a shape (from the choice of 3), the amount of loose change in a pocket and an item chosen by a spectator.

I use a trick called Deja Zoo, published by SPS Magic. You draw two animals two different spectators are thinking, which are found to be correct. It works great for both kids and adults.
Dan The Magic Man
e-mail:[email]info@familymagicshows.com[/email]
web site:www.familymagicshows.com
MagicEvents.org - View or subscribe to upcoming magic events and birthdays.
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
744 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
The Sketch-O-Matic is a great mentalism trick for kids.
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24022 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I use Comedy Card Babies.
honus
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of honus
Quote:
On 2003-05-15 22:49, DanTheMagicMan wrote:
I use a trick called Deja Zoo, published by SPS Magic. You draw two animals two different spectators are thinking, which are found to be correct. It works great for both kids and adults.

I heartily concur; Deja Zoo is a great trick.
aligator
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
2056 Posts

Profile of aligator
I would not recommend Deja Vu. For half the price, you can acquire Danny Archer's Animental. It is a far superior effect and can involve 4 spectators at one time. Just my two cents.
Ken Sibley
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of Ken Sibley
Mental Epic works well with kids.
Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand!
ku7uk3
View Profile
Inner circle
1775 Posts

Profile of ku7uk3
Try using money in the effect. e.g If I get the prediction right one, I get this £10. If I get it wrong, you get it.
If I get the second one right, its £20, and the third = £50.

When you get all three right, you keep the money.

When working with children, they appreciate the value of money and for some reason, any prediction effect works a lot better when they know that there's something to play for. It makes the magic seem stronger.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » mentalist for kids (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.33 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL