The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Imaginary coins routine (again :P) after Café members insight (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

obuch
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of obuch
Here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njJKaNXqdl0

;) I want to thanks everyone again for all advice you gave me in forum and PM

I took them all and practiced, disscused with other magicians and tried to smooth the routine out, here you have video of how I'm going so far
Pablo_Amira
View Profile
Special user
Temuco, Chile
682 Posts

Profile of Pablo_Amira
I like it a lot, as I said in your video
but I think that the visual frame that you used its too small
in my mind, the moves as palming a coin or changeovers , need to be covered with good direction of atention.
also no looking in the wrong moment ( 51 ´ for example)
I can see a lot of practice,but in this liiiitle details can rest the astonishment.
also , you can rec again your routine with your "imaginary coins" pattern.
all IMHO
blesses
-------------------------------------------
Asombro...lo más elevado a que puede llegar el hombre

Johann Wolfgang Goethe
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
I enjoyed it but you seemed a bit too tight and cramped in a few places.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3284 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
O, Looking good!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9234 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Obu, I liked it but you do run into several things that Pablo correctly points out here. Still, I think you got some good stuff in there and a bit of streamlining would do some good. Smile Too much hand to hand stuff (transfers) kills the magic IMHO and makes it all begin to look moreso like cleverness in hiding the coins instead of magic. Just the same, keep up the good work. -Mb
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
obuch
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of obuch
Thanks again, I'm already doing this for lay people and get really nice reactions, but there is still much work to do.
Next time I'll record it with a patter and hope you'll understand at least part of what I'll be trying to say in english Smile

And I'll try adapt the things you said in here

What could you say about the first production? I was disscusing it with some of my magi friends about if there is need to more than one transfer and most of them agreed that 2 of them are better and lay peop;le see more amazed by this too.
What are you thinking?
kardillusions
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, AB
504 Posts

Profile of kardillusions
There is a lot of issues with your right hand sort of "hanging there" in the later part of the routine.

Also, didn't care for the initial production. Maybe do that Ilsa's production from Curtis Kam's new DVD? Would add more to the idea of the coins being invisible or imaginary.

Scott.
www.hermitmagic.com
Hermit Magic Magazine
Instagram: @hermitmagicmag
Subscribe today!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Imaginary coins routine (again :P) after Café members insight (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL