The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Leaving Home Video/DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shammond
View Profile
New user
Ohio
56 Posts

Profile of shammond
I'm interested in learning Sankey's Leaving Home illusion. I'd like to see him do it and hear his explanation. I know it's on two of his videos/DVDs: Sankey-tized Vol 1 and Best of Jay Sankey Vol. 3. I'm wondering if someone could give me some advice on which one to get - which would teach me this trick and also give me the best bang for the buck with the extras?
dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
I think both of his tapes teach great stuff. However, if you're interested in Paperclipped, it is taught in his Best of..Vol 3. And Sankeytized Vol 1 teaches his Rubber Rise which can be used as a closer to an Ambitious Card routine, so I guess both videos are worth checking out.
trainerjep
View Profile
Loyal user
242 Posts

Profile of trainerjep
Leaving Home is awesome, and yes you will want to leave home and do it !!!
It's not the size of the wand,
but the magic in it !
Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
Maybe you could buy the effect separately. It has been on the market for quite sometime. If I were you, for visual aid purposes, I would buy the "Very Best of Jay Sankey" Volume 3 DVD. The quality, of course, on DVDs is much better and I thought he explained it better on there.

On top of that, he performed it, which is very helpful to watch as well. Sometimes performers forget to explain subtleties in the explanations that they normally use in performances.

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
shammond
View Profile
New user
Ohio
56 Posts

Profile of shammond
I finally got Jay Sankey's "Best of" Volume three about a week ago. Spent a fair amount of time working on "Leaving Home" which is why I got it. It's been slow progress - having to get my hand -eye coordination in the groove and get some muscle memory. My brain knows what I want to do, but my hands are always a bit behind. I guess it's a matter of training the hands to do 2 things at once. It's starting to click, but it's harder than I thought it would be. Anyone who has mastered this is welcome to offer me training tips...
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
I got very best of jay sankey as well. does anybody add any phases to this routine? I like it but it is a bit short. I relize that once the ring comes off and then back on then anything else would be a bit anticlimatic. I was trying to think of some tricks that you could do with the key while it was off.
Mistro
View Profile
Special user
Canada
577 Posts

Profile of Mistro
Get the Very Best of Sankey Volume 3. That has more tricks then Sankey-tized.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Leaving Home Video/DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL