The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » New Tool-Balloon Detective. Make Balloons Just thought of! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
My new Balloon Detective will be out next week and available from Hocus Pocus.

THE OFFICIAL BLOG

Many magicians have added balloon sculpturing to their repertories. They use it at birthday parties, festivals and as an added bonus while doing strolling magic. Until now, there have been few ways to tie in your magic with balloon sculpturing. That is about to change. Imagine having a girl secretly think of a balloon animal and the color she would like it. You reach into your balloon bag and remove the color she has in mind. Immediately, you twist it into the animal she secretly selected! The girl will be amazed and have no idea how you were able to correctly guess both the balloon animal and color. Picture doing this for an entire birthday party with each child just secretly thinking of the balloon sculpture they want. Balloon Detective allows you to do this easily – without the children ever telling you the balloon sculpture they want.

This effect will give you a big advantage over your competition in the kid-show market. Almost all birthday performers offer balloon sculpturing. You will be different. When a mother calls about a birthday party, you can say with YOU, the kids just secretly think of a balloon animal they want and you make it. This not only sounds novel to the mother, but completely impossible. You will find in most cases, this will give you an advantage over other balloon artists and you will get the booking. It has worked for me and it can work for you
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Can anyone post a review of this?

Thanks.
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
This has just started shipping. The early recipients have been very pleased and one said he would post a detailed review tomorrow in the review section.

Devin
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
Has anyone started using this yet? If so we'd like to hear your comments. Hocus Pocus has informed me they sold a bunch of these.
MagicDog
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
245 Posts

Profile of MagicDog
I have it and have been playing around with it, they only problem I have with it as a performer is the exchanging of the cards back and forth. But to a child I do not think they will be a problem.

I have come up with a line or two to cover the question an adult might think or ask though just in case.

I will use it and keep it

John
Make Everyday Magical
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Can you make your own ballon cards so you can make what you want not the stuff on the pre made cards with the trick?

Is this something that you do once or for the entire time you are making balloons and if so will it extend your balloon making to long to do it over and over then cause people to figure out the trick?
montymagi
View Profile
Special user
Slidell La
752 Posts

Profile of montymagi
Where do you get this?
Devin Knight
View Profile
V.I.P.
2495 Posts

Profile of Devin Knight
You can make your own cards to fit what you make once you see the system. If you are working a long line I wouldn't use this, however for birthday parties with 10 to 15 kids it is perfect. In another thread some people have mentioned and I agree the more you do it the more baffling it becomes.

Devin
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Well I finally bought this item...

I am not good at reviews I will be short and two the point. You have 4 balloon cards. The balloons are all one balloon beyond basic stuff.. You discover what color and balloon the child wants... I think is a great concept and could be a good effect with only 3 problems.

1. I think for younger kids this is WAY WAY over there heads.(Which is about 50 percent of the people asking for balloons) In fact after all the moving the cards back and forth and asking the little balloon child questions he or she doesn't even realize he never told you what balloon he wanted and that you actually figured out what he wanted.

2. The one balloon animals are so basic if you did them it would put you in the dark ages and I don't think would impress mom and dad you made them. It may also get you less business as people ask "Oh who made that for your child." Also the older children would probably not think anything was of interest and say "No thanks." But BUT.. I think the mentalist effect may impress mom and dad as they would think it was neat.

3. You can only guess 4 colors of there balloon animal. (Red, Yellow, Green & Blue) None of the,m are girl colors (pink, purple.. etc.)

A few possible solutions but will cost time, money and may not allow your to do the effect the same way.

1. You could modify the professional cards with multi-balloons figures. However, if you are not a very good artist you would probably have to hire some to draw up your multi balloon figures costing you time and more money to make the cards look professional.

2. If you make these multi balloon characters on the cards you now will not be able to guess the balloons color because most multi balloon characters are more than one color.

Conclusion, I think its a neat concept and does give a chance for magicians to merge balloons to there work and balloon artist to incorperate magic in theres... Would love to see more ideas like this sold.. Maybe this is just the first of many?

So far mine is just sitting in the draw not being used until I decide to spend more money hiring an artist to make the same professional style cards and more time making new balloon cards...
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
You could take a photo of the said balloon sculpture, however gather they probably need to be line drawings.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
When I heard the discription of this effect I immediately thougth it should be in my act - but not in my kids act. It is a brilliant opener for a mentalist. Hand the cards to a lady in the audience, do a brief personailty reading, and prove that the reading was accurate by handing her the balloon she was thinking of. I think that's strong mentalism.
I already have a strong kids balloon act, but I am looking forward to the arrival of this trick. I will let you all know how it goes down with the college crowd. I expect it to be a hit.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Itsa good if you leave it alone and are fine with making the balloon animals on the cards..

The problem is if you try and modify it...

I just can't make these silly balloons on these cards as I am trying to do this to make a living not as a hobby..
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
Can't you just print the words of the figures?

Kevin if you want art help let me know.... I have illustrate a thing or two.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1853 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
Yeah you could just do the words but we are talking about little kids here.. Some don't read till first grade... Heck some don't speak english in Colorado... The other issues is If you put Sponge Bob on the card or Spiderman it eliminates part of the original effect of knowing the color of there balloon as well as these characters have only one color option..

Also the colors on the original effect are limited two four colors and none of them are what I would clasify as girl colors..

I owuld love to do this effect though Would be nice on a slow night a a resturant.. Balloons and magic all in one item!

If you want to PM me I can talk to you about some ideas on it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » New Tool-Balloon Detective. Make Balloons Just thought of! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL