The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quantum Bender 2.0 vs Euro Coins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

otreboR
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
398 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Hi There!

It seems hard to find the answer to my question, so that's why I opened a new topic.
I'd like to know if there are any Europeans using the Quantum Bender 2.0 .
Is it possible/easy to bend euro coins with the Quantum Bender 2.0?

I don't want to start the discussion why I should or should not buy the Quantum Bender. I'm just hoping for an answer where someone tells me that it's possible to bend euro coins with it. Smile

Ciao, Roberto
Medortho
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Medortho
Good Question!
I honestly didn't thought about the difficulties that could occure.

Well I don't have the Quantum Bender, yet I can imagine the course of the effects with it. Now Euro-Coins don't just seem like it, they actually do exist of two matters (well, only the 1-euro- and the 2-euro-coins). I saw the outer and the inner part of a 2-Euro-Coin seperated once, so theres definately a chance to break it.

Yet if it actually tends to break the euro coins while bending it there are two solutions:

1. Just build it into the routine: It is not humanly possible to get the inner part of the coin out of it just by pure human force, so that would be a whole new effect.

2. Use the 50-cent-coin: Whenever I saw german magicians do a coinbend, I saw them doing it with a 50-Cent-coin. This might just be the reason. Also the 50 cent coin is just as big or even a tad bigger and the matter is quite smooth. On top of that, a 50 cent coin is one of the likeliest coin to be in the purse of your spectators (at least in europe Smile )

Hope I could help you. Good luck! Smile
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
If the QB2 will break the coin I can't see how any other bender will NOT break the coin. They all basically bend coins the same way (technically) with the differences being the gimmick used for the bend being disguised differently for each bender.

With that in mind, the only question I can foresee is that the coin is physically harder/stiffer to bend, in that case I STILL don't really understand how the QB2 will not do the job efficiently since I can easily bend US nickels. US nickels are as thick as coins can possibly come with the exception of Morgan silver dollars which are a bit thicker. It's really all about leverage, the more leverage you have, the easier the bend. With the QB2, there is more than enough leverage due to how the gimmick is shaped.

There was a discussion in the Coinvex 2 thread stating that it's easier to bend the English coinage with it than QB2, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt but from my remember of the original Coinvex, you actually have less leverage than with QB2. To be totally honest, it's a heck of a lot easier to use QB2 and you get a lot more leverage with it than any of the other benders I've played around with (Superman, Coinvex, Python Pen, pliers, etc.), this means easier bends with less fuss.
Badger
View Profile
Elite user
Ireland
401 Posts

Profile of Badger
The only coin you will not be able to bend is the 50cent coin. the 5 or 20cent is the way to go. if you you bend a 2 euro or 1 euro the center of the coin will fall out, witch is cool, it plays really well with your effect. but never put a 50cent coin in your QB 2.0 it will only get stuck.
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
The center actually falls out of the euro? For the love of goodness, what's in the middle of it?
otreboR
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
398 Posts

Profile of otreboR
Thanks Badger! Now I finally have the anwswer.

Kissdadookie,
Check the link to get the idea.

http://www.capturedlightning.com/frames/2Euro_Germany_R1.jpg
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4275 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
That explains a lot! Thanks, it now makes sense.
Nicholas young
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
114 Posts

Profile of Nicholas young
So one could only bend 20 cent coins? These darn euro coins, they make gimmick handling very difficult, I went through five 2euro folding coins to realise they would all just break and 50cent was the way to go...

But someone here spoke of magicians bending 50cent coins, I wonder what tools they used...

N
Jaz2005
View Profile
Veteran user
I wish I had time to get more than
339 Posts

Profile of Jaz2005
Quote:
On 2011-02-15 03:51, Nicholas young wrote:
So one could only bend 20 cent coins? These darn euro coins, they make gimmick handling very difficult, I went through five 2euro folding coins to realise they would all just break and 50cent was the way to go...

But someone here spoke of magicians bending 50cent coins, I wonder what tools they used...

N

Coinvexed Sharpie edition will bend 50 cent euros.
John T. Sheets
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, USA
1105 Posts

Profile of John T. Sheets
The QB2 will bend 2P, 10P. 20P, and 50P. The 10P and 20P work extremely well. The 2P, and 50P doesn't fit all the way into the QB2, but you can still create a bend on them.
www.johnTsheets.com

See the "Quantum Bender 3.0" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkTVw9FjonE

See my Dove Act here... https://youtu.be/Ms7_u46Qpp0

See the "Energy Bender" trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJOfL0k8xA

See the "Table of Death" in Las Vegas trailer here... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YivizLAKD7I
coosticks
View Profile
Regular user
London
124 Posts

Profile of coosticks
I just posted a q related to this on another QB thread.....

seems John answered that for me here!

still, while I'm here, I'm anxious to hear from other UK users with their experiences
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1880 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
Quote:
On 2011-02-16 23:14, John T. Sheets wrote:
The QB2 will bend 2P, 10P. 20P, and 50P. The 10P and 20P work extremely well. The 2P, and 50P doesn't fit all the way into the QB2, but you can still create a bend on them.

Yeah... If your a superman... Euro coins are much thicker than their american counterparts. I tried friends quantum bender and was only able to bend 1, 2 and 5 cent coins. Rest I didn't have the strenght and I am a big guy... The coins do fit however so if you are really strong it would be possible to use other euro coins as well.

J-M
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Quantum Bender 2.0 vs Euro Coins (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL