The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » ITR's and Thread (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
325 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
I'm fairly new to ITR's and thread work and hope to get some insight on them.I originally purchased The Standard ITR and The Boss w/Kevlar Thread 2005 from The Sorcery Shop,but due to high winds blowing a door into me,The Boss got broken and I replaced it with The Boss 2000 model.Is it me or is the thread on the 2005 stronger? (I thought all ITR's from The Sorcery Shop had Kevlar Thread)Also,I found a site called The Thread Exchange,who sell Kevlar Thread.Has anyone tried this thread and is it the same as used in the ITR's?
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2009-03-18 23:24, snowpuppy wrote:
I'm fairly new to ITR's and thread work and hope to get some insight on them.I originally purchased The Standard ITR and The Boss w/Kevlar Thread 2005 from The Sorcery Shop,but due to high winds blowing a door into me,The Boss got broken and I replaced it with The Boss 2000 model.Is it me or is the thread on the 2005 stronger? (I thought all ITR's from The Sorcery Shop had Kevlar Thread)Also,I found a site called The Thread Exchange,who sell Kevlar Thread.Has anyone tried this thread and is it the same as used in the ITR's?

Hi
Did you ever buy the Kevlar thread from "The Thread Exchange" ?
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
325 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
To Ralphs007,
As of yet I havn't recieved an answer to my post,so I havn't purchased from the Thread Exchange yet. Mike
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2009-05-24 20:31, snowpuppy wrote:
To Ralphs007,
As of yet I havn't recieved an answer to my post,so I havn't purchased from the Thread Exchange yet. Mike

Hi Mike
I just ordered there magicians thread, I'll let you know how it is, when I get it.
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
snowpuppy
View Profile
Veteran user
Juneau,Alaska
325 Posts

Profile of snowpuppy
Sounds great Ralphs007,hope it's good thread.Mike
wolfwaldbauer
View Profile
New user
Milan, Italy
75 Posts

Profile of wolfwaldbauer
Anybody got the new Alpha ITR Reel from Sorcery?
Is there really any difference with the usual ITR's?
Here is the link to this item:
http://itrmagictricks.com/p8076/Alpha_Re......nfo.html
GJF
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of GJF
I just got the new Alpha ITR Reel and on first blush it is in my opinion an excellent advancement. I started playing with it and in fairness will not call this a review. The biggest difference I see is you can adjust the tension. This is a big leap forward. Plus this reel offers a greater retraction distance then past units. Only one movable part and a very interesting design. I congratulate James George for what no doubt will be a success. While I will need more time to say what I like or dislike about this newest addition to my long list of reels. I do highly suggest if interested in thread work to take advantage of the limited time offer to purchase 2 and get the third free. I wish I had. You will also receive several free magic ebooks and a free bonus gift. Which in all is a pretty good deal. Oh, by the way... I don't work for the Sorcery Shop in case this sounded like an Ad. Good Luck and go ahead and break a thread to all my fellow spiders.
Sanderr
View Profile
Loyal user
Netherlands
201 Posts

Profile of Sanderr
Be aware that someone on this forum experienced the caps breaking when trying to refix the thread...
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
The Alpha Reel gets two thumbs up, I use it in every show now. My Spider Pen has been relegated to "Back-up" status.

Jim
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Bande
I presume that the comment above mean the current version does not lock -- does this mean there is constant tension on the thread pulling it back towards the reel? If so does this prevent my using it as a replacement for a standard hook-up (e.g. Fearson's) where I just want to float an object not necessarily have it come toward me. I hope that makes sense. Smile
dmueller
View Profile
Loyal user
Central Illinois
227 Posts

Profile of dmueller
PM'd you Bande
Bande
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Bande
Thanks -- very helpful PM! Smile
john5d
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of john5d
Quote:
On 2010-03-31 14:35, dmueller wrote:
PM'd you Bande

I would like to know the answer to this question too.
Is there a constant tension?
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Quote:
On 2010-10-06 01:50, john5d wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-03-31 14:35, dmueller wrote:
PM'd you Bande

I would like to know the answer to this question too.
Is there a constant tension?

Yes there is constant pressure.If you want something that locks your better of with a tarantula.
hth
Ralph
James D. Miles
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hi guys!

I just got an email from James George. He has just released the new Titan ITR, with Steve Fearson's Vectra I.T.! I can paste part of the text:

Sorcery, with a special arrangement with Steve Fearson, is proud to offer you the only reel on the Market with the exclusive Fearson Vectra IT. No other reel comes close! This IT can pick up a deck of cards and is every bit as invisible as our regular Kevlar IT. Now installed in our new patented Alpha design, it is so easy to reset you could do it blind folded. But with how strong this material is, you won't be doing that very often.

It also includes our lifetime warranty for repairs, the only thing not covered is new IT for your reel. We pride ourselves on bringing you the best possible value and most technologically advanced levitation device to date. What really makes our customers happy is they have a reel they can always count on to be ready to go!

'Nuff said, there! Check it out:

http://itrmagictricks.com/I._T._R.__tm/c9/index.html

Hope this helps!

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » ITR's and Thread (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL