The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Price Index? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
I was offered a lot with some unused vintage Tenyos among them such beauties as Future Clock, Metal Matrimony, Mystery China Box and Eye of the Idol.
Can anyone give me a rough estimation of the approximate value? Or is there anywhere a "collector's list" where one can see what the item's value is nowadays?
I'm hesitating to buy them but would like to hear some encouragement... Smile
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
1822 Posts

Profile of Rennie
This may help a little

http://www.magiclegends.com/tenyomagic.html

Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2893 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Thanks, will check it out!
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Nicolino, I have the same problem determining fair prices.
On my wish list is the Card Changer T-93. I saw one on ebay, and bidding is set to open at $69.99. I haven't seen any others around.
I checked magic legends website mentioned above, but it's not there.
Has anyone seen this trick lately, and if so at what price.
Thanks all.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Tricks like Card Changer (discontinued, dated '70 - '80) sell for about 60 - 120 USD depending on the trick and the 'rareness' of it, sometimes even more (I saw an Astro Tube sold for 150 USD a few months ago).

Some newer tricks which also have been discontinued like Eye Of The Idol, Metal Matrimony and Mystery China Box sell for about 70 USD.

I see new Tenyo's for 2010 sell for about 40 - 50 USD in the USA so I think 69,99 USD is a very fair price for Card Changer. I think it'll sell for more.
Vorezo
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Vorezo
Ive seen a card change sell for $30. Also there is no way metal matrimony is $70 is it?? I own one and has several oppertunites to buy some from friends for like 10 bux!

Eye of the idol and Mystery China box (especially) are expensive I think like around 60USD.
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Mark F
I'd take them for $10!!;) Even if you only get $30 for them or use them for trade. Do they have the packaging? How were they packaged in Japan originally? In the US they came in the bag packaging with a card. If they had had the old style Tenyo packaging with good graphics I'll bet they'd be even more expensive...it's a great trick. Still have my Magic Works version too.

Eye of the Idol was expensive when it came out. They do appear on eBay so I don't think I'd pay $70 for it but $50 or 60 (as Verezo says) is about right. Mystery China Box is definitely around $60 now - but I think that one will increase a lot over time.

Old Tenyo tricks from the 70s and 80s are going high these days in the packaging. That's for sure. Killertweety, wasn't it you who had Space Towers and Ultra Tube on eBay?
skc417
View Profile
Loyal user
australia
226 Posts

Profile of skc417
I've seen Metal Matrimony on Ebay gone over $80, I couldn't believe it either, it's a nice one though don't know why they discontinued it. Although I don't perform many of the Tenyo Tricks I am glad I have kept them for my own amusement.
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Yes it was me Mark Smile
Ultra Tube sold for 94 USD, the second one for 85 USD and the third one for 65 USD (should have waited longer Smile )
Space Towers sold for 57 USD.
Billscape sold for 108 USD.
All were in mint condition.

Metal Matrimony for 10 USD is like ... for free!

As mentioned before, the NEW Tenyo line sells for more then 40 USD which I think is very expensive. I believe the very low exchange rate for the USD has something to do with it.
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Mark F
I'd love to have Ultra Tube in the package. I did find one with out packaging.

That price on Billscape is amazing. Contrats. Having a video link helps a lot, even if its not a great performance (like Billscape). Clever trick though.

Space Towers is one of my favorite packaging jobs by Tenyo. Classic graphics. If that had a video it would sell for $100, I think.
Vorezo
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Vorezo
If metal matrimony is worth so much...Anyone wanna trade for Space walking coins? I NEED that one!
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Card Changer sold today on Ebay for $85 + shipping.
Just for fun I think I am going to start tracking Tenyo prices in a spread sheet for a bit. See how complicated it gets. I need to decide whether to track auction prices separately from retail prices (when available) or if available just post best price?
Vorezo
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Vorezo
Quote:
On 2009-12-08 17:38, edshern wrote:
Card Changer sold today on Ebay for $85 + shipping.
Just for fun I think I am going to start tracking Tenyo prices in a spread sheet for a bit. See how complicated it gets. I need to decide whether to track auction prices separately from retail prices (when available) or if available just post best price?

that's going to be tough. I noticed that in the Winter prices for tenyo are much higher than in the summer. Like that card changer in the summer I bet you could get for $30...This is just something I noticed and may not be fully true.

Also il trade a metal matromoniy for a card changer Smile!
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Mark F
Be interesting to see the trend. I don't think its the seasons. When people start seeing high prices they all of the sudden check the closets and the old store stock for things they didn't realize had value. In my experience if prices on Tenyo remain strong you'll start seeing some good stuff show up. There just seems to be more good Tenyo tricks right now even compared to a few months ago. But let's see if you're right. Maybe Christmas time brings out the money!! Smile

In my opinion Card Changer is one of the best Tenyo tricks ever, if not the best. It's one of those tricks that fools you when you do it. Well worth $85.
Vorezo
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Vorezo
Its a shame that India had to rip off the card changer..Smile
Vorezo
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Vorezo
WOW! Just checked Ebay at completed listings for Geometrick....$102.50!!!! I have that, but when my cousin came over (unknown to me I was out of the house) She found it (she was like 6) and almost broke it. Right now its jammed....Im gonna try and fix it and list it.
guerrestellari
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of guerrestellari
Well there are still some good deals on ebay

I think these are pretty decent prices just transacted on ebay:

Tenyo Gorilla Bar US$39. (Yen is high. its probably below yen retail price in japan at this time)
Hyper Vision US$9.99
Coin of Dracula US$17.71
Diabolicus US$21.50
PIllars of THor US$5.50
Whats Next US$11.50
Alpha tunnel and coin tube US$33
Dynamic tube US$16.51
X Ray File US$15.50
edshern
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of edshern
Vorezo talked about India ripping off the Card Changer. Does anyone know if this is the same as tenyo's card changer?
Is the gimmick the same on both?

http://www.fabmagic.com/cachlaac.html
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1457 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
I think it is. A shame Smile The Tenyo version has the card in the other direction down into the 'ladder'. It was 'engineered' to make it VERY convincing. I wonder that this rip-off also is that good.

By the way, I just sold a Ninja Experiment: 172,50 USD.
Mark F
View Profile
Regular user
145 Posts

Profile of Mark F
Your Ninja Experiment looked brand new. Was it? I'm not surprised it went high like that. It seems pretty rare and its fantastic trick.

Agree about Card Changer. It's one of the best Tenyo tricks and I still can't quite figure out how it works. The design is very clever. Very convincing and fun to just play around with.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » Price Index? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL